charting temps

vickijem

Reaction score
Hi I'm new in here, wondered if someone could give me some useful info? I am on CD30 normally get my period D32. I woke very early (about 1hr before I usually temp) and couldn't get back off to sleep so charted my temp and it was 36.6; .02 down from yesterday. I finally went back off and got another 4 hours undisturbed and woke with a temp of 36.9. Which one should I go with? Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Hi Vickijem :dance:

I've just started temping so I'm useless to you :lol: But wanted to say hi.

:D

Hi Vicki, and welcome to the forum :D

Do you plot your chart on Fertility Friend? If you do, then you'll know that it asks you to enter the time at which you took your temperature. I'm not sure whether it does anything with that info (like adjust your temperature slightly or something, I don't know) but it does offer you that facility.

Otherwise I wouldn't worry too much about a single temperature. Sometimes I've been daft enough to take my temperature twice within about 5 minutes - usually because the bleeper went off really quickly or something and I just wanted to double-check it. In these cases, and if I get two different readings such as 36.29 and 36.39 and if it really bothers me! - then I just split the difference and chart that.

Why not go with 36.7? Or just go with 36.6 because that was an hour away, but the other temp was 4 hours away? :)

for the past couple of days ive been waking up 30 mins earlier than i would normally take my temp. i jsut go ahead and take it and put that temp down. I wouldnt use the second one.

My first month of charting i took my temps at different times depending on when i woke up and the graph was all over the place.

I have been doing exactly the same. If you go to FertilyFriend they will calculate it for you. I woke up early and my temps were lower than the day before and then I fell asleep and woke up a couple of hours later and fertilyfriend recalculated and it ended up alot higher than I expected. So I used the one they gave me.

Try not to worry too much though as it doesnt really matter. If you wake up early you have to add 1/10th of a degree for every half hour you lose.

So if you wake up an hour early and your temps are 36.6 add the 2 half hours and that should give you 36.8

With yours I would of charted 36.7. There isnt that much difference.

Hope this helps, Love Jacqui. x x x x

i work shifts and take my temp at different times, try to be within an hour of a specific time though, but if i work nights then i just don't chart. I generally have noticed a pattern though, could be difficult around ovulation time !!

good luck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back