Changes to the NHS and its effect on treatment?

laurat

Reaction score
Ok Ive got up this morning to the bews that yesterday a bill for changes in the NHS has been passed and its quite controversial. Im not big into politics at all but when I read artickes about the NHS I always think right will that effect my situation with Oculation Induction and IVF.

The article says its basically taking away the Primary Care Teusts and handing responsibilities over to the GP's. Now I dont know the implications for this but wpuld assume there definetly would be in regards to waits for treatment. The phrase from the opposition says its like slow privatisation. Therefore I now have quite big concerns.

Will current waiting times change? If so when?
Will the shots if IVF/IUI etc you are allowed change?
Will you need to pay for fertility full stop?
Could it possibly be a good thing?

Finally Im in Scotland and I know its all a bit different up here so does it even effect me?

Long post but hoping a fellow political expert may hel out as this could be big.

Hun I'm scotland too. I think this only affects england.

Reading it they won't have control until 2013. I guess that makes sense as they will need time to set everything up

I will be watching the news while having dinner so will see what they have to say about it then. Hopefully it wont affect any of our treatment!!!

Hi ladies it this just treatment generally or is this about fertility treatment?

Really hope this doesn't mess anyone's treatment up!

Eeek, I don't keep up with the news regularly so have missed this??

x

REally hope not as there's no way we can afford to pay for IVF or clomid :(

It seemed to be the NHS in general and the way its run. Not specifically fertility or anything and I dont mean to panic folk. Its just with our waiting time being up to 2 years for IVF and the number of shots at it having gone down with budget cuts Im now all to aware that 'changes' forecast for the NHS now really have an effect on our siutations maybe. Its something I would have read and disregarded in the past if Im honest.

Balls. That'd be really crappy for so many ladies going through treatment or even just waiting for their first appointments! Might have to do some Googling! x

I work in the NHS and although PCTs are to be abolished, the GPs will
group together to form consortia (economies of scale=better buying power) which will be like PCTs but in a different guise. Unsurprisinly many GPs don't want this change, will be interesting to see if it materialises x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back