Changed to follow on milk - worried

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hi,

Antonio was previously having Aptimil Extra Hugry Milk and would polish off an 8oz bottle very easily.

When he turned 6 months we changed him onto Cow and Gate Easy Digest Follow On Milk as recommended by other mums and he would not except it at all :shock: he would only take 2oz at the most at feed times (maybe he just diddnt like the taste?)

After 1 week of this we decided to change back to the Aptimil brand but still use the follow on milk. He is a little bit better but will still only take 4oz and if we are very very luck he might stretch to 5oz!! I have tried to increase his solids to compensate for the little milk hes not having but he just doesnt seem interested. Hes gone from eating loads of food and drinking lots of milk to eating next to nothing and excepting no milk :(

Is anyone elses LO like this?

T xx

We had an absolute nightmare when we put Becky onto C&G comfort 1 - she wouldn't drink as much (though it was thicker) and was hungry for more soon after. The nappies were horrendous and she was extremely uncomfortable so I lasted less than a week with her on it. It took a good week or so for her to settle back down onto SMA gold again - the change can be quite unsettling for them. Went back to normal after, though, just took a while :hug: :hug:

We use SMA Progress follow-on milk which is heavier than SMA Gold so LO took less milk when we switched over.
Maybe this is the case with the other brands of follow-on milk too?

Just wanted to say that we changed to SMA Progress from SMA White with out any problems apart from a bit more smelly poo.

Keep an eye on him and check his weight. You might find that he will settle down within the next few days. If it doesn't I would go back to the Aptimal extra hungry baby milk. I was told that you don't need to change to follow on milk if you LO was having a balanced diet and their eating was going really well.

Hope this helps and let us know how things are going. xxx

Sorry forgot to say that my HV told me that a 6 month old baby should only be having 500 - 600ml of milk a day, so aim for that. xxx

Hi,

Antonio was previously having Aptimil Extra Hugry Milk and would polish off an 8oz bottle very easily.

When he turned 6 months we changed him onto Cow and Gate Easy Digest Follow On Milk as recommended by other mums and he would not except it at all :shock: he would only take 2oz at the most at feed times (maybe he just diddnt like the taste?)

After 1 week of this we decided to change back to the Aptimil brand but still use the follow on milk. He is a little bit better but will still only take 4oz and if we are very very luck he might stretch to 5oz!! I have tried to increase his solids to compensate for the little milk hes not having but he just doesnt seem interested. Hes gone from eating loads of food and drinking lots of milk to eating next to nothing and excepting no milk :(

Is anyone elses LO like this?

T xx

We had an absolute nightmare when we put Becky onto C&G comfort 1 - she wouldn't drink as much (though it was thicker) and was hungry for more soon after. The nappies were horrendous and she was extremely uncomfortable so I lasted less than a week with her on it. It took a good week or so for her to settle back down onto SMA gold again - the change can be quite unsettling for them. Went back to normal after, though, just took a while :hug: :hug:

We use SMA Progress follow-on milk which is heavier than SMA Gold so LO took less milk when we switched over.
Maybe this is the case with the other brands of follow-on milk too?

Just wanted to say that we changed to SMA Progress from SMA White with out any problems apart from a bit more smelly poo.

Keep an eye on him and check his weight. You might find that he will settle down within the next few days. If it doesn't I would go back to the Aptimal extra hungry baby milk. I was told that you don't need to change to follow on milk if you LO was having a balanced diet and their eating was going really well.

Hope this helps and let us know how things are going. xxx

Sorry forgot to say that my HV told me that a 6 month old baby should only be having 500 - 600ml of milk a day, so aim for that. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back