Cervical sweep!

Miracle babe

Reaction score
The MW is coming to the house between 10.30-11.30am tomorrow to give me a cervical sweep, not feeling quite so brave now I have to admit :(
My friend who is a qualified reflexology is then coming at 1pm to see if we can't encourage things along a bit.
Feeling very apprehensive at the moment.

oo good luck hunny, have u had a sweep before? my sister said its not as bad as it sounds...

she found out at hers she was 2cm dilated.. so u never know, you might be reporting back to us in cm's tomorrow :D

good luck xx

lozzijane said:
oo good luck hunny, have u had a sweep before? my sister said its not as bad as it sounds...

she found out at hers she was 2cm dilated.. so u never know, you might be reporting back to us in cm's tomorrow :D

good luck xx

Thanks hun I sincerely hope you are right. I've never had a sweep and the MW is already looking to do another on thursday so I'm not convinced this is going to work :(

Good luck hun,it's not too bad i had a sweep with my last,let's hope it does the trick :pray: xx

hi i had a sweep with this baby at 37 weeks and i was 2 cm dialated it sort of worked had a show next day and contrctions but then it all stopped, i hav egot 2 c midwife tomorrow 2 so hopefully she will give me another sweep. So good luck with yours!!!

tracyxxx

we may have babys around the same time!!!

good luck.. i had a sweep! it sounds a lot worse than it is. Just relax! feels very similar to having a smear and only takes a minute or 2.

x

hayley said:
good luck.. i had a sweep! it sounds a lot worse than it is. Just relax! feels very similar to having a smear and only takes a minute or 2.

x

Thanks Hayley I thought you'd had one hence naming you in my poem :D
I do hope your right and its not too painful.

Hi miracle babe....how was the sweep....I'll think I'll get one on Thurs when I see the consultant...is it really uncomfortable??????? I'm beginning to poop my pants a little....some people say it really hurts and others say not......hope you're feeling ok.... :hug:

Hope all went well Miracle, perhaps she is already in labour :)

Hi folks, well cervical sweep was a total doddle, certainly didnt hurt even a tiny bit and can honestly say wasn't as uncomfortable as having a smear. I got myself all worked up and then it was sort of 'was that it?'
Good news is my cervix is already 2.5cm dilated and is very favourable for induction if this doesn't work, she could feel baby's head and waters bulging and I've had a show and a couple of mild contractions. Not getting my hopes up or anything but it all looks good. Have another booked for thursday and then if nothing see consultant on Friday for 'THE GEL' :rotfl:
Seriously there is nothing to get worked up about having a cervical sweep and personally I think they rock :dance:

oooo 2.5cm dilated...

1.4 of the way there...

you lucky thing ;) lol

hopefully ull hae some action tonite and we'll have a birth story soon!! xx

That's reassuring to know maybe I won't be so nervous about having mine....and hey 2.5cm dilated that's great hunnie, really hope it happens for you soon....good luck... :hug:

Miracle babe said:
Hi folks, well cervical sweep was a total doddle, certainly didnt hurt even a tiny bit and can honestly say wasn't as uncomfortable as having a smear. I got myself all worked up and then it was sort of 'was that it?'
Good news is my cervix is already 2.5cm dilated and is very favourable for induction if this doesn't work, she could feel baby's head and waters bulging and I've had a show and a couple of mild contractions. Not getting my hopes up or anything but it all looks good. Have another booked for thursday and then if nothing see consultant on Friday for 'THE GEL' :rotfl:
Seriously there is nothing to get worked up about having a cervical sweep and personally I think they rock :dance:

woohoo cervical sweeps rock eh! :dance: :dance: :dance:

skatty said:
Any signs Miracle?

I've had lots of crampy feelings and back ache and also had another big show this morning but so far no pattern to contractions so not holding out much hope. I have another cervical sweep tomorrow so here's hoping :pray:

I'm sure you'll not have that5 much longer to wait Miracle! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back