cats?

sarahdee

Reaction score
Help im freaking out here!

My mum got a little kitten today and it so cute i was holding it and stroking it and totally forgot to wash my hands after.

I went on to making myself sandwiches and now im totaly freaking out because i heard it can be dangerous for the baby. :wall:

Do you think i will be ok?

I'm sure you'll be fine, don't worry :hug:

I think it's dangerous because little poo spores can be in it's fur, and then transferred to you when you touch it. Something like that anyway.

We had 2 cats when I was last pregnant and I was ok. I can't imagine I remembered to wash my hands every single time i touched it or where it had been....just don't clean the litter tray, and try to remember as best as you can :hug:

Help im freaking out here!

My mum got a little kitten today and it so cute i was holding it and stroking it and totally forgot to wash my hands after.

I went on to making myself sandwiches and now im totaly freaking out because i heard it can be dangerous for the baby. :wall:

Do you think i will be ok?

I'm sure you'll be fine, don't worry :hug:

I think it's dangerous because little poo spores can be in it's fur, and then transferred to you when you touch it. Something like that anyway.

We had 2 cats when I was last pregnant and I was ok. I can't imagine I remembered to wash my hands every single time i touched it or where it had been....just don't clean the litter tray, and try to remember as best as you can :hug:

I have cats too... My mum had cats when I was pregnant with Tia and I was living with her at first...she had 5 cats back then..

Cats are really insidious... There's all this stuff about washing your hands after you have touched them or anything they have touched...but ... Cats get EVERYWHERE...!!! And usually when you are not looking... For a long time I would take a glass of water to bed to have a drink at night... and would happily drink from this glass...only to wake up one morning to find one of the cats drinking out of it...So god knows how many times I drank cat water...and when I was pregnant... !!! :shock:

Its mainly the litter tray you have to be careful with and make sure that anything like that doesn't come into contact with food surfaces... or food.. Wash your hands too after touching them, but don't worry yourself silly if you have forgotten..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back