catching the immunisation's disease...

leckershell

Reaction score
Just a heads up really... my mum caught the gastro bug off Ryan which for her turned into Pleuresy as her immune system is not so great.

She'd gotten over that so we went to stay overnight for her housewarming type party this weekend after Ryan's friday morning MMR.

My mum's been told today that she's got Rubella, probably caught while her immune system was low off Ryan's MMR.

Crazy eh.

Just a heads up to show that it can happen.. my mum had already had Rubella before so maybe it's something she's prone to? Either way, just to let you know really in case any of that applies to you or the people you know that the immunisations obviously can spread. xx

Oh no, hope your mum is ok :(

I always thought they put dead germs in the jabs so they dont actually catch the live disease but can still build immunity :think:

Jake just had his MMR yesterday after having to cancel it twice before :oops: How did ryan react? The doc said if Jake did react it would kick in thurs/friday :(

Ryan had it friday morning 830am, fine all day, bit grumpy in the evening.. all weekend he woke like a newb. Honestly. Every couple of hours, didn't want a bottle, food, dummy, changing, didnt want anything except to be asleep but didnt want to be asleep either. Could hear his cries were like pain cries not hungry/tired cries if you know what I mean? Arching his back too.. :(
Altho I spose they all take it differently.
He's still not great but he's better, definately a crap few days tho and stock up on the calpol :wall:

edit- i didnt think the jabs were contagious either but my mums doctor said that was the most probable cause :think:

Well he seemed fine tonight, didnt want to go to bed :wall: We'll see if he is ok tomorrow, although he has always reacted really well to all of his jabs

Bless him Shell and your poor mum! Hope there feeling ok now.

The MMR contains live virus particles although "they say" There is no risk of someone who has been vaccinated infecting other people with the viruses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back