• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

car seat question

eightball

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm looking into getting a new car and I have a question about baby car seats and the number of car doors you have.
The thing is, I would LOVE a new Beetle but I think that because it only has two doors this could be a really bad idea in terms of getting the baby in and out of the back.
Does anyone have experience with 2-3 door cars and baby car seats?

i myself havn't , but at the school where my older 2 go there is a woman who has a silver beetle & she has 2 kids & a new baby a bit older than Louie!
she must manage ok, be ok with 1 i reckon, i myself have to have a 7 seater bus for all my lot, as my 13 yr old stepson also lives with us :rotfl:

also if you could turn the front airbag off then you could have the baby in the front with you when you are on your own with the baby, thats what i do in my car.

congrats on your pregnancy by the wayxxxx

hey hun,

iv got a 3 door pug 206 - got it before i found out i was preg. I find it ok actually - now that she is in a forward facing seat as i dont have to keep lugging it in and out.

Hope thats some help
x x x

I manage with a fiat seicento (3 doors)

jade

While i was back in England my brother was driving us around, i found his three door car a total nightmare. There is no way i would want one myself.

my mum used to have a KA was ok but wen B got bigger was a total nitemare

i have a ka and i find it a nightmare i have to have one of the seats down in the back just to fit the travel system in good job i'm single now i guess more room in the car lol :rotfl:

Hi

Before we got out new van this month all we drove was 2 doors and for me i started ot really hate it everytime we got out somewhere we had to take her out then strap her back in it got to be a pian, which is we we now got our new vehicle, depends if you woulf be up for it or not.
Am i just being stupid what is a 3 door car ?
Katrina

My DH has a 3 door, and though it's definitely easier with 5 doors, we're finding it OK - it's a lot easier now Maddie's in forward facing seat - it used to be a real faff with the rear facing seat I must admit. Anyway she's 14 months old and I haven't a clue what she weighs but 3 doors is still working OK for us.

DH's seat is a Britax First Class - bargain buy in Mothercare Sale in the summer :) and she looks very comfy in it!

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back