Front facing car seats!

ippa

Reaction score
Hey, I have now got to start looking around for a new car seat for Matthew as he is getting too big for the cabriofix he is in!
What car seats did you move onto after the first, and did you like it?
Is there anything specific I would need to look for to go in a 3 door car?
XxX

I have two different car seats for our two cars; a brittax king plus and a £30 Argos special :lol:

I wish I'd bought one from kiddicare as they have some lovely ones.

I too have a three door and have to climb in to put Isla in the car, but sometimes I can pull the seat forward and plonk her in it!

Emma x

I can't remember what model, think the one emma mentioned, but ours is a britax too and we got it from halfords while it was about 1/2 price, and we paid them to fit it too. Oz loves facing fwd, used to grizzle all the time rear facing. Now car journeys aren't stressful anymore lo

I've got the Maxi Cosi Tobi (LOVE maxi cosi!) for E when she outgrows her Cabrio. They can stay in the cabrio until they are 29lb and as E was only 18lb 11oz the other week she's a long way to go! She has to be 20lb at least to fit in her Tobi - luckily Mothercare didn't start the warrenty until Dec this year so i'm not gonna be losing out.

Is he too big weight wise? I was told to keep them rear facing as long as possible and with re to the cabrio - as long as their heads aren't stretching above the top and they're under 29lb then to keep them in it as long as possible for saftey reasons :) Evie's legs are over the bottom but she lust folds them in the car - woman in Mothercare said this was absolutely fine :)

Last edited:
We have got two britax ones, both different models, Prince Alex and eclipse, have gone for then one that fits until they are 4 as I don't think the others have a recline on them, can't offer you any advice I am affraid as Chloe does not fit in them yet x

We've got the Britax First Class Plus, mainly because it meant he could stay rear facing fora bit longer, it's so much safer! There's a good recline function on it too so he always sleeps well in the car :)

I got mine for 15quid in the Asda baby event x

i got the argos one too! goes both rear and forward facing! so will last ages! Dylan came out of him group 0 cos his head hung over the top :( he loves this one! but not sure on the ease of using on a 3 door! but easy to fit and use!

Let me know if u wanna come try it out as its just sitting in his room atm :D

Last edited:
Hi ihave a 3 door fiesta, i also had the cabrio fix we now have the maxi cosi priori xp and its fab as gd as the cabriofix even better xx

Hi ihave a 3 door fiesta, i also had the cabrio fix we now have the maxi cosi priori xp and its fab as gd as the cabriofix even better xx

Oh fantastic thanks, so glad you wrote this as I actually had this one delivered today, so glad ive chosen that one!
XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back