Car craft! (Result)

kellie80

Reaction score
I am sooooo mad with Car craft right now! We swapped our £6000 Mondeo for a lesser picaso almost 3 month ago cos we needed a bigger car. We just did a straight swap on it cos we didn't have any spare cash! Its the biggest pile of poo I've ever seen!!!! :twisted: Its already been back to them twice and they can't find the problem. Its broke down again today, just cut out when we were doing 60 down the express way with all 3 kids in the car. We're lucky DH is a good driver. They came and towed it back in and 1 hour later some STUPID womean rang to say its ready and it started 1st time. Thats not the problem! Its when you actually on the road it happens! I really don't know what we can do and I'm so pissed off right now! GRRRRR at Car Craft! Sorry for the rant, I feel a bit better now.

I know this isn't going to make you feel better but I had the same trouble with Yes Car Credit (Ugh, even their name makes me mad :x ) with my first car.

4 years (and a £2000 cheque to keep them happy) later they're still on my back claiming that I owe them another few grand :shock: The car didn't even start!

Cant really help much with your situation as whats done is done but for anyone thinking of going through a car place like this, just DONT!

We went to Available Car Finance which is somewhere between Derby and Nottingham (by Castle Donington I think) and to be fair the car has been spot on. We've only had it a couple of months but it's -touch wood- caused us no problems at all. We found out the next service due on it is the 60,000 expensive one which is probably why the owners got rid of it beforehand, so we've got a chunk that that will cost us, but otherwise no issues, and once it's done it's done.

I think with a lot of these places it's because -I think- they don't do proper MOT's on the cars, they just do preliminary checks to make sure that it generally works. So proper faults and things they wouldn't have anyone trained to recognise or fix them. Best to get it checked over by someone that knows what they're doing before your month runs out, so you can call them and get them to pay the bill for whatever is damaged on it.

kellie80 said:
I am sooooo mad with Car craft right now! We swapped our £6000 Mondeo for a lesser picaso almost 3 month ago cos we needed a bigger car. We just did a straight swap on it cos we didn't have any spare cash! Its the biggest pile of poo I've ever seen!!!! :twisted: Its already been back to them twice and they can't find the problem. Its broke down again today, just cut out when we were doing 60 down the express way with all 3 kids in the car. We're lucky DH is a good driver. They came and towed it back in and 1 hour later some STUPID womean rang to say its ready and it started 1st time. Thats not the problem! Its when you actually on the road it happens! I really don't know what we can do and I'm so p*ssed off right now! GRRRRR at Car Craft! Sorry for the rant, I feel a bit better now.

**sings**

theres so much more at car craft

budge said:
**sings**

theres so much more at car craft

It's in my head now.. thanks budge lol. What's bad is my head seems to know the words for it too :x

Well we still have no car 1 week on. After about 50 phone calls and 5 days later they took it on a road test and it cut out on them :rotfl: They took it to the dealer cos they couldn't figure out what it was :roll: It was the fuel pump and we thought, 'yay we are getting it fixed by someone we actually trust'. NO! Car craft declined there quote and are fixing it themselves :roll: We asked them about compansation for taking so long but they said 'Car craft don't do compansation!' WTF? Anyway we till have no car and they are driving me mad. Never go to Car craft!!!!!!!!

Well we got onto trading standards about them the other day and they said what to do but they ended up taking the car to citroen anyway. I'm gonna get onto them again tomorrow about them. They seem to think they are above the law. We haven't even been offered a courtey car or nothing :twisted:

Whats car craft???

It's obviously the same as yes car credit but I never heard of car craft?!?!?

Its just a car supermarket that think they are God! Thank god we didn't agree credit with them.

kellie80 said:
Its just a car supermarket that think they are God! Thank god we didn't agree credit with them.

ahhhh... never heard of them - maybe not up this side of the border

Def push it with Trading Standards hun, that is disgraceful service you have received!! :shakehead:

Well we were told that we should have the car back by Friday but NO, then we were told 1 o'clock today but when we rang at 2 they said the garage wasn't open on a weekend so it would be Monday. Then at 4.30 we got a call to say its ready to collect :? Someones lying somewhere :twisted: Well he managed to get a lift in cos its a good half hours drive away and hes just rang to say its broke down on Runcorn bridge. The peice of crap couldn't even get him hom amd the central locking has mysterisly broke! I want our money back now I don't even want the thing fixing. Do you reakon we have a chance?

i would never buy from carcraft. My aunty bought 3 vans and all 3 were dodgy. Sorry there messing you about hun, hope you get it sorted :hug:

Well last time I spoke to him the police had just turned up cos he was still in the road cos hes in busy traffic with no where to move the car. Lets hope they sort him out! :pray:

I had a car from yes car credit 4 years ago and the drive shaft broke after 3 weeks when i was leaving a car park, blocking to whole exit :oops: They did fix it but something else went wrong not long after!!!

I now work for a car garage and regularly go to auctions, i've seen car lorries from yes car credit etc leave with loads of cheap cars, they probably don't even know the histories, and just put a huge mark up when they sell them!!!

kellie80 said:
Well we were told that we should have the car back by Friday but NO, then we were told 1 o'clock today but when we rang at 2 they said the garage wasn't open on a weekend so it would be Monday. Then at 4.30 we got a call to say its ready to collect :? Someones lying somewhere :twisted: Well he managed to get a lift in cos its a good half hours drive away and hes just rang to say its broke down on Runcorn bridge. The peice of crap couldn't even get him hom amd the central locking has mysterisly broke! I want our money back now I don't even want the thing fixing. Do you reakon we have a chance?

Yes, I'd go in and demand your money back BUT don;t go to an office in the back to do it, stand and shout in front of EVERYONE in the place, preferably do it tomorrow when they are really busy. They will say "come and talk to us in the office", say "NO!!! Are you going to give me my money back or not???"

He has JUST got in :x The police took his car off on the back of a truck. Theres a charge of £182 + £12 a day till we pick it up. We called Car Craft but they were shut so we called our brake down company and the couldn't get to us within an hour, we had to be moved cos he was in a dangerous place. The police man said to try and claim the costs of Car craft as it didn't even get him home. The fella who looked at the car said the part the was SUPPOSED to be fixed was all rusty. Hes gonna go in tomorrow and demand his money back but I won't hold my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back