• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cant settle bailey :( any advice helpful please!

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
Dont know what to do, hes been fed, bathed, had his bum done and hes just crying... even tried him with a dummy with no avail either.. i dont know what else there is to do, ive tried singing to him and putting him to bed with his cot mobile going.. Nothing is working, hes so unhappy its making me cry!

hes not normally like this either, hes such a happy contented little baby hardly ever cries either..

what am i doing wrong!

maybe nothing - maybe he's just getting stronger and letting you know it - you know that prem babies are generally quieter and sleepier in the first few weeks as they build up strength - well maybe now he's strong enough to have a good moan :wink: .
Put him in the pram, grab the boys and go for a walk - if nothing else the crying sounds quieter outside :hug:

Can't suggerst anything Libs hasn't.

Some babies just like to have a good cry - he might not be that unhappy, maybe he's strengthening his lungs?

Have you got a sling or anything?
That helped my daughter - I got her close to me (topless worked best - she could smell my boobs :oops: ) and just walked around the house

Thanks girls..

Hes getting into a right strop... little bugger if hes just strengthing his lungs.. hes found out he has a noise he can make now i suppose, its just so upsetting when you cant settle them..

Oh and im gonna wrap him up and take him to walk to the chienease shop.. will make me feel better if i got something to eat as well hehe

sometimes you just have to let them cry. I would time Annabelle and stand outside the room when she was crying. Id never let her get into hysterics but id let her have a good shout and cry to settle herself. She rarely does it at all now. I think when they are little they just need a bit of a cry and a shout if they are feeling stressed, over tired, unable to sleep etc as its all they can do really :hug:

Aww hun I know how you feel it's so hard! :hug:

Brody hardly ever cried for the first few weeks but he soon made up for it! :lol:

Has he calmed down now? How was the chinese? :wink:

i've had an awful night with D coz he was over tired and didn't know what he wanted..a walk sounds like a great idea..i'd love a chinise aswell

Hope he's settled ok now, L was like this after a few weeks, had been so quiet & contented, and then the 1st time she had a big inconsolable sob I was crying on the phone to mom as it was so upsetting.
After about an hour where we had been cradling her in our arms and pacing with her, we took her for a drive and that settled her.......the pushchair works the same.
It pulls at your heart strings though doesn't it.
Oh & now I want prawn crackers :talkhand:

Firstly, you're not doing anything wrong from what you've said!! :hug:

Some things we have found useful, but they don't always work, good to have a few optinos to try I think :)

*A waves sound CD (play it loud to get LO interested in begining)
*A car seat - tie him in and swing, swing, swing :D (even better, drive him around in the car in it hehe)
*Swaddle or hold real close, firmly - (sometimes LO just needs to feel secure and it curbs the startle reflex which can affect going to sleep)
*Give LO to someone who's NOT breastfeeding, the smell of Mummy's milk can stop LO sleeping
*Dummy if you use one, or Your little finger, sucking is a soother for LO

I really, really hope Bailey calm for you SSS :hug: :hug: :hug:
I know it can be upsetting when your LO won't settle, hope you're both sleeping better now :hug: :hug: :hug:

sunshinestars said:
Dont know what to do, hes been fed, bathed, had his bum done and hes just crying... even tried him with a dummy with no avail either.. i dont know what else there is to do, ive tried singing to him and putting him to bed with his cot mobile going.. Nothing is working, hes so unhappy its making me cry!

hes not normally like this either, hes such a happy contented little baby hardly ever cries either..

what am i doing wrong!
#

have you tried swaddling him up and then rocking him gently in your arms close to you? they like that :)

Thanks for your advice redshoes and budge and emmylou, i appreciate it..

he settled down for about an hour and then it was booby time again.. sometimes i wonder if im ever gonna get him settled into a better routine.. fair enough hes only nearly 3 weeks old, but by heck he was a bugger through the night..

today i have gone and bought some infacol to see if that eases any trapped wind he may have, then tonight im goin to take a well earned break and go to bingo.. his dad can have him for 3 hours whilst i play :lol:

bailey doesnt like to be swaddled funnily enough, my other to did and they loved it but he hates it, hes such a wriggler he likes to be free...

ps the chinky was lovely :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back