Can't keep liquids down?

SoniaK

Reaction score
Hi all.

Great forum here. Anyway i hope any of you can shed some light on my situation. My 8 months old Son started to get a really blocked nose about 2wks ago. I contacted the local GP and they advised that there is not much you can do apart from give him nasal drop's and treat with Calpol.

We've been doing this but it hasn't been getting any better. Just this morning me and my husband noticed that he has two front bottom teeth that are just now coming through. Likely the cause of his blocked nose etc is teething?

However at the moment he has other symptoms as well. These are watery eyes, a bit of a cough and can't keep any liquids down. As soon as we give him a bottle, about 2mins later he brings it all back up again. He's still quite active and not lethargic but as you can imagine we are concerned a bit.

Would appreciate any comments and advice. Will also be making a doc's appointment next week to be on the safe side.

Thanks.

My sons got this problem! Have you tried giving him half strength bottles... ie 2 oz of water to one scoup of formula..? Just to get fluids in him, as dehydration is going to be his biggest problem!

Water is easyer to digest than anything else too.

Apart from that, theres alsorts of minging things going round at the moment... could be anything. If hes not better by Monday id get him down the Drs asap!

Hi CoreysMummy.

Thanks for the advice on the bottles. Gonna try giving him half the amount of formula and see if this is easier for him to digest. I feel sorry for him as one of the worst parts is at night. His nose is totally blocked and has difficulty taking a bottle as he keeps running out of breath while feeding.

I have a feeling i'll need to take him to the doc's on Monday.

Poor thing, the only other thing I could suggest is that snuffle baby stuff, its like vapo rub. You put it on LO's chest and it can help clear a blocked nose.

I also put it on a muslin and tied it to Corey's cot...

Raising the head end of the cot can help them sleep better :) also sleeping in a bouncy chair/car seat might ease it up a bit

xxxx

Well we really had a rough night of it last night. He didn't go to sleep till nearly 12am and then woke up in fits of coughing around 4.30am. Tried to feed him the watered down formula from the bottle but pretty much straight after vomited it back up again.

Gave it a little while and tried the bottle again. Same result. Can't seem to keep anything down at the moment apart from breast milk. Will try the vaporub on his chest to see if that helps but obviously quite concerned about him dehydrating with lack of liquids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back