Can't get into clothes!

Calli

Reaction score
Oh dear... just want to have a little moan. I didn't have a bump until around 19 1/2 weeks, and now all of a sudden I'm huge and nothing fits. Bump appeared almost overnight, and I've put on a stone in the last month too. Even some of the maternity clothes that I bought in advance just don't fit.

I went through my entire wardrobe this morning and have just one pair of jeans, a pair of yoga pants and some leggings that I can wear. I have more tops, but am really worrying about what to wear for work (we have quite a smart dress code - leggings are not allowed). And I'm wondering now whether I'm going to just keep outgrowing my clothes. Feel really fed up.

I bought a couple of dresses online last week but with my sudden weight gain (as well as bump) they just look awful. I'm starting to feel like I'm going to have to hide away for the next 17 weeks.

Sorry to moan... I'm probably just being paranoid about how I look. Any ideas about possible flattering work clothes would be really appreciated.

Haha! I'm exactly the same and I'm a few weeks behind you! Tried to put on my favourite pair of high wasited shorts and needless to say they didn't fit round my belly anymore! And I've barely got a bump! :(.
My plan is to live in baggy t-shirts and tracksuit bottoms for the next 22 weeks!
xxx

i was the same, i brought wrap over dresses for work, and pair of maternity black pants for work, 1 size too big and sewed a seam down the back until i get bigger and i can let them out (i work in a bridal shop, so i can sew...bit handy) done the same with my maternity leggings.
its tops i grow out of and quick.

I am having this problem too & I'm 24 weeks with my bump just appearing from nowhere! :eh:

I have been wearing dress' to work which are tight at my bust and floaty round the waist & they look great on compared to everything else!

I would recommend going shopping and trying a bigger size rather than maternity clothes just now as maternity clothes dont flatter me at all just now xx

me too, i hate having this problem, leggings are my saviour with maternity tops which were long enough to wear on their own with a cardigan not gonnabe that way for much longer i dnt think.
I think we all have crap days about what we wear i just pray my hair and makeup goes right now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back