Can't get booked onto ANY antenatal classes.... Panicing!!!

SuziQ

Reaction score
Well....
After my visit to the hospital, for a tour around, the midwife kindly told me that I prob won't be able to book onto ANY antenatal classes.

No-one told me that I needed to book them up when I was only 12 weeks gone..
I can't get onto NCT... too many babies being born...

And I'm a little scared on what I should know before I go into labour, what I need to do, etc etc....
:cry:

Does anyone have any suggestions , on any video's I should watch? Or ANYTHING that might help me.....
Am being to panic now....

Has everyone else been to classes??

x

i went to labour talk thing last friday and to be honest its not anything i didnt no before thanks to the forum :D

the forum is a kinda ante natal class :D
:hug: :hug: :hug:

i didnt make it to my class hun ,it was booked 2nd , had him jan 29th lol u will manage , u just 'know' what to do. i did find the pushing technic hard but i dont think thats something u can learn in a classroom either

i went to 5 ante-natal classes, and didn't learn anything that i hadn't already found out from this forum!!! you'll be fine hon - don't worry :D :D

Really?
That makes me feel a bit better then. :)

But how do I know how/ when to do the right breathing/ panting.... etc etc.

:think:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've bought the book 'Birthing From Within' and I think it's really good. It's American, was written 10 years ago and has very fluffy/spiritual tendencies at times. But I ignore those bits and the rest is fantastic! The rest of it seems full of practical advice. I've not had a baby before though :D
The only downside to the book really is that I tripped over it last night and cut my foot :( :rotfl:

Hiya!

Don't worry hun I have been to all of them, after the first I really thought this was a waste of time and considered not going to the others..the fact you get time off work is the only reason I went back! The first class talked about breathing for 5 mins and all it is is when you get a contraction try to ignore the pain and concentrate on your breathing - like in a yoga stylie. When you get to hosp I think the midwife tells you when to push and pant, as we didn't cover that.

As other people have said this forum is the best for getting all the info, I am addicted to the birth stories in the announce your new arrival section, they have explained mostly what I wanted to know.

Hope this helps
X

We did 5 antenatal classes and to be honest if it werent for OH being rubbish at reading up on babies then I probably wouldn't have bothered going back. They are good if you do no research and really do not have a clue, but tbh you will have learnt so much from this forum then there is nothing anyone else can teach you.

Re the breathing...we were told that panting is for when the MW doesn't want you to push (and she will tell you when to pant) and the only other thing was we were told not to hold our breath when we are pushing, and to make sure we breathe out as much as we are breathing in.

My NHS classes don't go into positions or breathing techniques. They just talk about the 3 stages of labour, complications and pain relief. They touch a bit on caring for baby but it's all stuff you can lean from anywhere, and in a lot more detail.

maybe worth buying a yoga for pregnancy dvd they have good breathing techniques. other then that the forum will teach u more then any class will

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back