Can you sign 'The Kids Sun Tax' petiton please?

Princess_Puddles

Reaction score
Hey Guys I don't normally ask for anyone to do things like this but it's something I fell strongly about and if you do too please could you sign the petition :) SIGN THE KIDS SUN TAX PETITION

From the website:
The Government classes suncare products as a luxury and charges 17.5% VAT, yet skin cancer in the UK has doubled in the last 20 years. As 80% of sun exposure happens before were 21 its vital that children are protected.

From 1 July 2006 Superdrug have permanently cut the VAT from their own label Solait Kids Suncare Range. Join our Kids' Sun Tax Petition. Sign below and help us to challenge this Governments burning issue.

I have read Superdrugs letter to Gordon Brown and want the Government to abolish the VAT payable on sun protection products.

The Government classes suncare products as a luxury and charges 17.5% VAT, yet skin cancer in the UK has doubled in the last 20 years. As 80% of sun exposure happens before were 21 its vital that children are protected.

From 1 July 2006 Superdrug have permanently cut the VAT from their own label Solait Kids Suncare Range. Join our Kids' Sun Tax Petition. Sign below and help us to challenge this Governments burning issue.

I have read Superdrugs letter to Gordon Brown and want the Government to abolish the VAT payable on sun protection products.

Thanks guys :)

I went to buy some for Dan as my usual tescos 50 factor kids one had run out. They only had Nivea for kids, it was over £10 and you had to apply it every 20 mins :shock:
I will sign hun :)

its disgusting. I could not believe how cheap sun cream was in Australia when I was over there, it was dirt cheap and very hard to find some under factor 30. Plus you got free top ups o the beach from hunky olifeguards. If it wasn't for the big sharks wanting to eat you it would be heaven ;) I don'tthink there should be tax on any sun products esp kids products but then I also don't think women should be taxed on sanitary protection.

I believe it should be free on NHS.
Cameron needs NIvea factor 50 when its really hot and is meant to wear factor 30 on every bright day, hes a ginger and i tell you a tube of that doesnt last long on a ten year old.

Thanks hun, I know its terrible. Although it's expensive I don't mind paying it because I would rather that than Harrison get burnt or anything worse but £10-12 is alot of money to someone who cannot afford it and in the summer a bottle probably wont last longer than 2weeks.

Thanks Ladies!
Beanie - I also think we shouldn't have to pay tax on sanitary products too!! Its a natural thing that cannot be helped so why should we!! I think its discusting how our the government are right money grabbers!!

Signed....

Things like this annoy me..... like toilet roll - why is it so expensive!!! And sanitarty stuff

signed i think its wrong how they charge so much :evil: i will get OH 2 sign tonight as well :hug: :hug:

chickadee1976 said:
Cameron needs NIvea factor 50 when its really hot and is meant to wear factor 30 on every bright day, hes a ginger and i tell you a tube of that doesnt last long on a ten year old.

Sorry hun forgive me if this sounds rood but is it another reason why ne needs suncream (medical reason) or purely cos he has ginger hair?

Sarah&LJ said:
chickadee1976 said:

Sorry hun forgive me if this sounds rood but is it another reason why ne needs suncream (medical reason) or purely cos he has ginger hair?

I'm not sure if this is why but I know some ginger haired people are very fair skinned. My Step-sister has ginger hair and fair skin so she has to be very careful if the suns out so the suntan cream.

Princess_Puddles said:
[quote="Sarah&LJ":2kbtco66]
chickadee1976 said:

I'm not sure if this is why but I know some ginger haired people are very fair skinned. My Step-sister has ginger hair and fair skin so she has to be very careful if the suns out so the suntan cream.[/quote:2kbtco66]

Yeah i know hun im very fair and ginger too...i was just meaning if it is a medical thing then he *should* get it on prescription...For certain conditions it is available on prescription (only high factors like 50+).

Generally i get away with factor 15 on arms and legs but need 30 for like my back and shoulders etc, things that dont get exposed often lol.

now signed.

doesnt asda and tesco sell their own sanitary protection tax free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back