Can they change your DD at 20 week scan?

Coolbeans2010

Reaction score
I know we had the dating scan at 12 weeks, just wondered though - if bean is measuring smaller or bigger than 20 weeks at this scan will they change your DD or just that the baby is on the small / bigger side? xx

No, they didn't even measure babies length, the sonographer said its most accurate at 12 weeks so they don't bother at this stage.

Yeah my baby was actually already measuring ahead at 20weeks but they stuck with the 12 week measurements I think they are most accurate and everything after that all sort of depends on whether baby is just big for it's age or not iykwim?

Last time I was scanned - at 30 weeks baby measured over 32 weeks but they didn't change my dates x

hi they do measure your baby to make sure everything is going as planned!!
they wont change your due date, just keep an eye on you to make sure all goes as well? as my first 2 pregancies i measured small but not on the scan it was at 24 weeks when mw started to measure my tummy!! was sent straight to FAU for a scan and to see consultant!! who said i was coming up small so went back at 28 weeks and then every 2 weeks til i reached the end with my 1st and was put under consutant care!! 2nd baby measured small at 24weeks too so again straight to FAU then back at 28, 32, 36 weeks but stayed under mw care as consultant said i just carry small babies!! but would not worry too much as they just keep an eye of you if ur measuring small to make sure baby doesnt stop growing all together in which case you would deliver early

hope this helps :)

They measure legs head etc but Wong change you dd your 12 scan is the most accurate date they give xx

if anything they would only suggest a section or induction to bring birth forwards if baby was massive early or medical problems x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back