Can I join you ???

jocymum

Reaction score
Hi
I wondered if I can can join you guys please?
I'm Jo, me and my OH are expecting our first around 25th feb.
I had a molar pregnancy ( just ask if you wanna know more )about 18mths ago so it has taken a while for this pregnancy to 'sink' in and feel real. We have had 2 scans now though and i've got a doppler so i'm starting to feel more positive :wink:
Other than being excited about being a mum, i love animals -we've got 4 cats,2 dogs and 4 horses -our house is a bit of a rescue and a zoo :shock:
I used to like going out and having a nice glass (or three) of wine- but currently i'm into pickled onions, comfy clothes and a good book :wall:
Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Hi there :wave:

Welcome to the 2nd Trimester!!!

Going to have to ask you what a molar pregnancy is..I have heard of it but dont know what it is? Do you mind?

So pleased this pregnancy is going ok for you, do you have a preference as to what sex you would like? I think we all do deep, deep down :)

We are all a friendly bunch in the 2nd trimester, a few of us are moving on to the 3rd in a few weeks but everyone else is still great and we will try and give you reassurance and advice as best as possible, we help each other out!!

hi jocy

welcome to the forum and the 2nd trimester

i had a blighted ovum whth my first pregnancy so when i had my scan last week and there was a baby there i was a little taken aback and it is still sinking in now ill probably feel better when i start showing.

im still a little bit yeah ok im pregnant and.

i just need to get my head round it because at the moment i still dint quite beleive it

Rebecca xxx

hi Jaidy and rebecca-
Molar pregnancy is when the embryo either doesn't form at all or only partially forms and instead the placental tissue grows out of control.
It can cause a form of uterine cancer (choriocarcinoma) which is treatable with chemotherapy.
Thankfully mine wasn't that serious, I had a scan at what I thought was 10weeks but there was only a sac of about 4 weeks growth.I was then told that it was a blighted ovum and had an ERPC. About 3 weeks after i had a letter explaining that the preg was molar and that I would need to be tested for at least 6mths until HcG levels are normal.Mine levels went back within 4weeks thank god :)
You aren't allowed to TTC for a year after the all clear, but to be honest and a bit brutal --at that piont I didn't care I just wanted me and Leon(husband) to recover and get back to normal. :oops:
It is very rare for it to happen twice as it's just one of those fluky things but I have been paranoid with this pregnancy, which is starting to get better :wink:
I really don't mind what we have, I think there would be positives for both -- we are hoping to find out on Oct 13th ( which is a friday :twisted: )
I know exactly what you mean rebecca- I turned round to the sonographer when she told us the heartbeat was fine and said 'YOU ARE JOKING ! ' i had so geared myself to think the worst- she thought I was loopy :oops:

welcome to 2nd tri hun :hug:

i have two pets.. mt staffy dog and my sister :cheer:

Awww hun so pleased this pregnancy is going good for you, you deserve it hun! :hug:

Il get Lozzi to add you to the scan date thread for the 13th October :)

I've got young sisters (5 and 10) so I know what you mean :lol:
staffs are one of my favs - my two are rhodesian ridgeback crosses ( rescues- always!)

welcome to the 2nd Trimester.....

another cat lover - fab... We have 5 cats all very naughty but totally adorable.

look forward to chatting

welcome jocy, you have had a tough journey to get here, glad this pregnancy is going well for you. you are due 3 days before me, look forward to sharing the next few weeks with you xx :cheer:

Hi Jocy,

Welcome to the second tri! I am a complete animal lover too. I have two cats and would love more but my OH won't let me!

Lyns xx

Thanks guys! I have gone off my animals a bit today, cos' i'm home from work and have had to walk the dogs and 'do' the horses and am now completly shattered. Still it's got to be good to be out in the fresh air all day---- i think :?
Will sleep tonight :sleep:
Good to see not everyone will be running off to third tri without me :cheer:

*pokes haed in to have a nosey at the new girl :D *

th26.gif

welcome to the forum hun

I'm sorry you had such horrible time before

but you are in the 2nd tri now so all looks good :cheer:

Hi welcome and congrats on you're pregnancy, ive got my 2nd scan near the same time as you, as mine is on the 16th October :) x

Hello Jo, Tasha and claire !
I've got an apt with the consultant on the 16th oct, so i'll be stressing then- i'm hoping that he will downgrade me to low-risk (i'm only high cos of the molar- and that shouldn't affect this pregnancy at all) fingers crossed :pray:

fingers crossed for you hun
fingerscrossed.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back