Can I have some advice please?

skairdykat

Reaction score
As you can see from my ticker we have a 10yr old & a 6yr old. i was just wondering for those of you with children or without for that matter, have/would you tell them that they maybe getting a new brother or Sister in the near future or keep quiet until it happens? I'd like to keep them involved but don't know whether just to wait until i am PG or tell them now.

Dee xxx

Well out of the blue the other week our 10 yr old said that if we ever had a baby would we call it James or Billy LOL. He loves babies and has said he would like a baby Brother. As for our 6 yr old I don't really know. I will ahve to broach the subject and make it sound fun for him. Like maybe say something along the lines ofwould he like to be a big Brother or something. Macaulay was only 3 when we had Jordan so was too young to understand.

I personally wouldn't tell them..You don't know how long it will take you to concieve..Waiting 9 months is a long time esp for a 6 year old never mind adding on the time to concieve.

Do what you think is right though, you know your children best

i told my little girl when i knew i was, she didnt seem to mind and i dont think she would have understood if i told her we were tryin for a baby but she understands that 1 is in mummy's belly. with older kids that understand i suppose it may be easier to explain that you would like a baby and are hoping to have soon but my litle girl is only just 4 and i didnt think she was old enough to understand and it wud probably have made her ask sum awkward question lol. i would tell them if u think they can understand what your telling them hun, it would be nice to have them involved from the start. good luck xxxx

Yeah, I think I'll see what they think about having a baby Brother or Sister but not go into the in's and out's of trying to get one from the 'baby shop' LOL. And as you say 9 mths for kids is a long enough time, so I'll just tell them when I am PG otherwise they'll be asking every day when will the baby be getting here LOL. Thanks guys. any more of your thoughts would be welcome also.
Dee xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back