Calpol

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
I know your not meant to give it to them until 2 months but do you think I'll be ok giving charley it? He's not 2 months until the 20th though but he's woken up with a nasty cold and won't take more than 2oz's of his bottle and keeps crying but it's not his hunger or tierd cry! It's a horrible cry :( he feels very hot and has a stuffy and runny nose!
If I shouldn't give it to him what else can I do? I've sprayed his nasal spray but it's made his nose more runny! Oh and his mattress is on a slant so hoping that might help!

Hey hun, ive had this with Alfie since 2 weeks old, he got over it at 6 weeks and now its back again. I have got some abidec vitamins from tesco that im hoping will boost him up a bit. Its awful, he not feeding a lot and he is sooooooo unhappy. I didnt realise calpol was 2 months i thought it was 3. :eek:) Weve had his matress up, the doctor gave us saline drops but he isnt bunged up he is reali chesty and snotty and gagging a lot on phlegm. Its awful u r soooo helpless arent u xx

Can you let me know if the vitamins work?! He's stopped crying now but hes clinging to my chest like he's scared I'm gonna put him down! Ive got a feeling I won't be able to do much today except have charley cuddles!

i have no idea whether you can hun. He's not far off 2months though is he? It's just the dosage i'd be worried about. Xx

Yea course i will, i know wot u mean, im doing everythink one handed. Got my niece here at the mo too!! Hope Charley feels better soon, Alfie shattered coz not sleeping as so stuffy and choking. x

When Ross got his first immunisations a week early I asked if it would be ok to have calpol just in case. He never needed it but they said it would be fine as he wasn't a small baby. Poor wee mite!

Maybe just give him 2.5ml instead of 5? X

When Seb had his cold the doc said I could give him 1.5-2 ml of calpol x hope he feels better soon x

I gave him half of the 2.5ml spoon earlier! Tim phoned me earlier while charley was crying, I couldn't settle him so I put his dummy in and he went mental! I'm thinking maybe cos he can't breathe properly! I finally managed to get him to sleep while doing the school run and he's still asleep in his pushchair now! I feel like I can't help him!

awh the poor wee pet and poor you , I can imagine how stressed you are . Have you tried saline drops for his noes or thwe infant rub on de- contestant (i've forgotten the name of it ?)

Snuffle babe is the baby version of vicks vapour rub,u can rub it on his chest or put a bit on a tissue nearby or under his clothes.

Moist air is also good,my eldest had really bad cold/cough from been 2 months old and we used to boil the kettle next to his crib to make the air moist xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back