Calling all brides...dress help needed!!!!

Minxy

Reaction score
I'm so disappointed...I won an Ebay auction last year for a woman to make my dress. We've communicated regularly, measurements and samples have been sent back and forth etc....but she's just contacted me to say she won't be able to finish it :(

She's been upfront and I've got a full refund (£160) but I'm marrying next May and don't know where to start looking for a dress now.

I reckon I could go up to £350 TOPS, can anybody share any ideas of where I could shop? And please NOT ebay (once bitten, twice shy and all that) Thanks! :)

Thanks Jo, there's a warehouse there that looks good!! :)

what date is the wedding minxy?
my sister is getting married on 26 th may.
georgia is a bridesmaid & josh is paigeboy.
Louie will wear a little suit of some sort.

sorry i didn't give you any dress shops though :(

foxymum said:
what date is the wedding minxy?
my sister is getting married on 26 th may.
georgia is a bridesmaid & josh is paigeboy.
Louie will wear a little suit of some sort.

sorry i didn't give you any dress shops though :(

Ours is the 5th :) Do you know where you're going to get Louie's suit from? There's a lady in the Birmingham market who makes baby suits, tuxs, tails, the lot!

We're getting one made with a little gold waistcoat to match the groom!

aah that sounds so lovely.
not sure where we will get Louies from.
he'll be 7 months then , saw some nice ones in Debenhams, but not sure if they are that small.

would be great to have Louies match the grooms & josh's though :think:
have to see what helen my sister says.

happy wedding shopping :D :D

Hi minxy,

BHS do a nice range of wedding dresses, but it depends on what sort of style you are looking for.

Hope you get it sorted hun

hi i know it sounds really cheap and dont know wot u think bout it but my m8 got hers from a charity shop £30 but hadnt actually been worn as the wedding didnt go ahead

Sarah_B's_mummy87 said:
hi i know it sounds really cheap and dont know wot u think bout it but my m8 got hers from a charity shop £30 but hadnt actually been worn as the wedding didnt go ahead

mine came from a charity shop too! it was lovely still got it! must put it on ebay or something!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back