Cakes, bakes and other fav recipes

Ahhh Kezza...I just want to go and bake everything on here now!! Banoffee muffins are a must!!! xx

Every time I look at the thread my tummy sounds like it's got a lil monster in it growling away :lol:

xxx

Crunchie
100g caster sugar
4 x 15ml tablespoons golden syrup
11/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
200g Milk chocolate.

Method -

Put the sugar and syrup into a saucepan and stir together to mix. You mustn't stir once the pan's on the heat, though.
Place the pan on the heat and let the mixture first melt, then turn to goo and then to a bubbling mass the colour of maple syrup - this will take 3 minutes or so.
Off the heat, whisk in the bicarbonate of soda and watch the syrup turn into a gold cloud. Turn this immediately onto a piece of reusable baking parchment or greased foil.
Leave until set and break into pieces.
Melt chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan. Once melted, pop a couple of pieces of the 'honeycomb' into the chocolate and make sure they are completely coated. Place in a fridge to set.

This works great as a gift in a jar!!
Don't worry if 'honeycomb' has a slight after taste, sometimes it tastes burnt, once it's covered in chocolate you can't tell!! :)

It's very very yummy!! Will add more when my brain starts working and I don't feel sick at the thought of food, although 'poppy' likes the idea of banoffe muffins :)

Ahhhhh good lil poppy :) must get the method on here for them

I'm gonna raid my recipe stacks again tonight & see what other yummies I can add & must look at my savoury bits to

xxx

Cream Scones

INGREDIENTS

*260g all-purpose flour
*50g granulated white sugar
*2 tsp baking powder
*1/4 tsp salt
*75g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
*1 large egg, lightly beaten
*1 tsp vanilla extract
*120ml milk

METHOD

1) Preheat oven to 375F/190C/GM5 & place the rack in the middle of the oven. Line a baking tray with parchment paper

2) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder & salt then blend the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives. The mixture should look like coarse crumbs

3) In a small measuring cup combine the milk, beaten egg & vanilla. Add this mixture to the flour mixture. Stir just until combined. Do not over mix.

4) Knead dough gently four or five times & then pat the dough into a circle that is about 7 inches (18 cm) round

5) Using a 2 1/2 inch (6.5 cm) round cookie cutter, cut the dough into rounds & place the rounds on the prepared cookie sheet, spacing a few inches apart. Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk as this helps to brown the tops of the scones during baking.

6) Bake for about 15 - 18 minutes or until nicely browned, insert a toothpick or screwer into the center of a scone & if it comes out clean, they are baked

7) Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool

This recipe makes about 10 round scones & they also freeze well

Devonshire Clotted Cream

INGREDIENTS

*4 ounces mascarpone
*240 ml heavy whipping cream
*1 tsp vanilla extract
*1 or 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
*Zest of lemon or lime (optional)

METHOD

1) Place all the ingredients in a large bowl & beat together until the mixture holds its shape and looks like softly whipped cream

2) Use right away or cover and refrigerate the cream until serving time

Raspberry Jam

INGREDIENTS

*250g fresh raspberries
*Splash of Orange Juice
*1 heaped tbsp caster sugar

METHOD

1) Place all the ingredients into a saucepan & heat gently & allow the raspberries to slowly break down & reduce to a jammy consistency then leave to cool

2) Use right away or cover and refrigerate until serving time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back