C section or normal birth??? hmm

nadine

Reaction score
Hi girls welllllllll here is my question

with my lil boy i had a horrible 3 day labour which i got to 10 cm but baby got stuck and i got rushed in to have a section :( :( it was sooooooo dis heartening coz id done alot of the hard work to still have a section (but hey that what happens least every thing was ok)

however this time (this is my second) i think from what i av been told i can av a choice of section or normal birth and i just dont no what to do:shock::shock::shock:

id like to do it normal, but so scared it will all go wrong again an ill end up avin a emergancy section were i wont be prepard for it and again what the point in going threw all that pain to end up avin a section when i can have a planned section an cut it all out

pros and cons i av come up with to them both -

if i av a normal labour an all gose well ill be able to go home to my little boy 1/2 days after, ill be more mobile, and i will have done both section and normal there for exsperiancing both, ill also be able to breast feed better

planned section -

i can plan the date so i can get thing straight, i could plan things with my mum and partner reagrd my lil lad, i dont get to feel the pain (yippeeeee) n more so i dont get half way thew labour then to have a section in the end anyway which woudl really annoy meeeeeeeeeee!!

any one in same boat or just in genral what would you doooooo

This is my 4th baby,I had 2 natural deliveries then an emergency section with my 3rd due to him been undetected breech. I'm planning on a natural delivery this time and having experienced both I wouldn't personally opt for a section unless absolutely necessary. With my natural deliveries I was home within hours and the recovery time afterwards was virtually nothin compared to after the section,I feel like I was robbed of my last labour xx

I have no idea what i would do, have you spoke to the doctors have they explained exactly why baby got stuck, too big, or funny position or no reason, they may help you make a decision, i have never had a c section so cant help but a friend has with all 4 of hers she laboured with her 1st one and ended up with emergency c section they told her then and thre she would always have to have c sections and she is happy with her births and recovered really quickly, she walks everywhere anyway doesn't drive alot so that side didn;t effect her that much. i can see pros and cons to both sides

yer this is why i would like a normal birth to

but after it going sososo bad with my first (they even burnt all my clothes /house keys/ phone by accident) im just very scared and would eb so annoyed it i get threw 3 days of labour to end up with a section again but thats the chance you take you never ever know how its going to go

i to like you will prob be able to have normal labour it was just first time remy was lay funny an got stuck

my worse fear is having to have a section i had a normal and ok birth with my son so im praying i get it again :)

i hope and pray i have normal this time and think i should just go for it the normal way

but then i get scared an think if things go like they did last time ........its so hard :(

i think this is a hard situation to be in

if you had a c section it would be planned and your fears about labouring long and having an emergancy c section wont be there so will be a nice experience without all the rush and fear

but if you chose vbac then if all goes ok then you will be up and about much quicker without pain after
just because 1 got stuck doesnt mean the next will, but i think the best way to go into a vbac is to think positive because thinking im going to be here days and have a c section could delay labour and make it not a good experience for you maybe some hpnobirthing techniques could come in really useful here its also your 2nd baby so unless your pelvis or uterus stops the baby getting into the correct position then there is no reason why this 1 will do the same as your ds 2nd labours also tend to be quicker so maybe you could say ok i will try natural for x amount of time and if any problems or you feel your not progresing then have a c section or see if they can help with forceps what ever decision you make make sure you comfortable and happy with it xx good luck

yer i think ill go for normal its not like you have babys every week............i just need to make a choice an start to mentally get ready for it, just is scarey after first went so wrong but as you said chances are thing will be that little easier, also i think OH would prefer the normal way

thank you for your advise ladies

yer your right hun x x thanks for advice

got letter here sayin after my scan on 10th on feb i need to see anc midwife to discuses my options as they only just picked up i have c section with first (hard work my hozzy)

good job i checked letter coz they av give me two dates for same scan 14/10th so ill av ring an check wi them on monday x x

im in exactly the same position and to be honest i think im going for the elective cesarean. i was going to try again but after speaking to the doctor he actually freaked me out a bit. he was saying that if i tried naturally and then needed a section again it would take them longer to get to the baby because of the old scars, so if they needed to get in quickly the extra time could be life or death for the baby! so now im thinking i really dont want to risk that and my recovery was great from the last section. its really not an easy decision is it. xxx

im in exactly the same position and to be honest i think im going for the elective cesarean. i was going to try again but after speaking to the doctor he actually freaked me out a bit. he was saying that if i tried naturally and then needed a section again it would take them longer to get to the baby because of the old scars, so if they needed to get in quickly the extra time could be life or death for the baby! so now im thinking i really dont want to risk that and my recovery was great from the last section. its really not an easy decision is it. xxx

no its really hard! more hard the you would actually think, ive got app to talk to anc midwife after my 20 weeks scan so i will see properly what she says bith have very good and bad points:shock: which makes it hard what to do for best x

keep us posted on your final decision x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back