Busy busy day but good had GTT.

NinjaKitty

Reaction score
I was really not looking forward today and the Glucose Tolerance test. Couldn't eat from 10pm last night and had to be at hospital first thing. Luckily the experience was a lot better than I thought. I thought that the syrup drink they give would make me sick on an empty stomach but luckily they let it down with water and it had a slighlty tart lime taste which was not sickly at all. There were three other ladies there also having their GTT done. So we all sat around and had a nice chat. It turns out that all of our EDD are 13th or 14th Jan. It'll be nice to see if any of us see each other when the babies arrive. Just got to wait until next Tues for the results so FX it's all ok.

Also had an apointment with the consultant just for a check up and make sure my growth scan appointments were in place. Everything was fine, BP normal, babies HB normal, pee normal and I got my results from the OC bile salts blood test and that was clear too. Was really happy just because I didn't expect to hear LO's HB today.

DH was with me today so after the hospital I dragged him to Dunelm to pick up my new blinds for our new bedroom. Had a big win when I went searching through the marked down stuff their and found a wall hanging just perfect for the bedroom AND is was only £20 :yay:

Finished off by getting a big sweaty MaccyDs on the way home. Generally feeling quite happy at the moment.

:) sounds like a lovely day hunny, I got an extra scan today it's nice to have these surprises huh. Mmmmmm macdonalds
Fx for the gtt, hope you are ok xxxxxxxxxxx

Glad it went well im worried about my GTT in 2 weeks but hopefully it will go as well as yours x

Aaww thats great. Can i just ask about the GTT, is it proper blood tests? When i was in A&E early in pregnancy they just did a finger prick test so wasnt sure how they checked your blood x

I've got to have the GTT in Christmas week x

Yep the test went no food from 10pm the night before, was allowed water though. Got there 1st thing and they do a proper blood sample but just once vial. They give you the drink and then you wait for two hours. Then it's another vial if blood. Take a book or something and some food for when you have finished. Did get a nice girly chat with the other ladies too.

Glad all went well and you had a nice day my lovely x

Oh good to hear it wasn't too bad. I've got mine in a couple of weeks and was a bit nervous about it. Hopefully I'll have a couple of nice ladies to keep me company too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back