Bumps and bruises?

twinkle84

Reaction score
Ok I know little ones going to get lots bumps etc and it's normal that they learning! But I just want a bit of reassurance! Think I'm a bit over protective sometimes! Used to put cushions behind LO when he sat abd played etc! But now he's on the go and pulling himself up on thongs he falls a lot and bangs his head (hope u know what I mean and I'm not being a bad mummy) just hope he's not going to do any damage to his head (all these bumps) it's like the telly stand he constantly wants to pull himself up on it bur knocks his head! Or when he was just climbing bottom step (im sat right behind him) he banged it on the wall before I could get there in time! I just think u can't be there to catch every fall and they have to learn and develop some independence x

I think so long as he isn't crying for ages after then it's probably not too bad and it teaches him where his head is lol!
Lizzie has got into the habit of clinging to the door frame when she's in her door bouncer but then she'll start bouncing and bang her head but she doesn't seem that bothered lol. She's only cried really badly once when she was crawling and forgot her hands - landed smack on her face bless her!

Tegans had more bump than i ever thought possible! she's just started letting go of things and standing unsupported But suddenly falls after a few seconds, too quick to catch her! like becky said aslong as they don't cry for too long, aren't sick or anything they should be fine xx

buy arnica from health shop, if u put it on bumps and bruises asap it relieves pain and stops bruising :) its FAB!

and yes its normal how else do they learn to 'protect' their head iykwim, better banging it when theres not a lot of force and does them no harm than being mollycoddled and at 10 doing real damage :) lol xxx

Oh gosh yeah he doesn't cry much if at all really! Just me nattering! Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back