• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bumbos. Think thats what their called!

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
I've heard a few of you mention them and seen pics of your LO's sitting in them, how good are they and where could I get one from? Thanks! :hug:

Netmums or freecycle ebay etc, theyre sooo exspensive new but well worth having ! Flo loves hers n she looks dead cute sitting in it !

I have just started sitting Nat in his and he is a week younger than Amber I think. He loves it! Its worth getting one as a different activity for them instead of lying on their backs. He likes to watch TV in his :D I already had one from my first son but am pretty sure you can get them in most baby shops, Amazon or ebay???

We borrowed one to try and by the third time we sat LO in it he was able to get out over the side. So it was useless for us. Borrow or by one second hand in case your LO does the same. Lots of babies do.

Ava hated in hers. She would try her very best to get out of it each time. As sherlock said, maybe try & borrow one to see how she is before buying :)

I thought it was worth its weight in gold while it worked - eventually he could climb out but it gives them such a good view of the world and is handy for feeding too.

I got mine second hand on e bay and just gave it a good wash

Aimee loves her bumbo but as people have said they are quite pricey. I think it has helped her with learning to sit up, she loves to be sitting up properly so she can see what is going on around her.

Baillie didn't sit in hers much - I think we paid about £30 from Argos.

Kim x x x x

Ella liked hers when she was about 3 and a half months :) She doesn't like to sit still for very long so she got a bit frustrated after a while though. We have one if you're interested? It's pink!

poppy160 said:
Ella liked hers when she was about 3 and a half months :) She doesn't like to sit still for very long so she got a bit frustrated after a while though. We have one if you're interested? It's pink!

Thanks hun, I'll pm you!

I'm going to try her in one, I think it will be quite useful to have as she likes to look around and she likes sitting up!
Thanks girls :hug:

Im thinking of getting one for Lola!
What age are they from? Or is it just when they can hold their heads? (In which case Lola will be fine! Shes done it since birth haha)

i have a lilac one in anyone ellse wants a second hand one!

I have a green one going too if anyone wants it

Lauren enjoyed her Bumbo very much!

What a crazy girl - she always tried to eat it!
I can't believe this picture was taken at 3.5 months, she's nearly 2!

an1zk7.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl: Kate82! (or rather Lauren!) :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kathryn likes her Bumbo but she seemed too small for it initially and didn;t seem comfy n it until she was a bit heavier- around 5 months- although she was able to hold her head up and wanted to sit up long before this.

I would certainly try before buying a new one. I do find mine useful- it's been a good take along high chair and baby seat for using at people's houses if they don't have kids and associated 'stuff' that we all take for granted now- it's also seful for sitting her in whilst I'm gardening so she can watch but not get into bother!

I was gagging to get one when imogen was a baby and when i got it she hated it - wanted to be free - it certainly didnt aid her in sitting up and she came out of it as well.

Id rather invest in something else next time. If your hell bent on getting one try ebay, amazon for as cheap as possible as i think there not worth it.

Your little one may love it - but mine hated it!

I got mine off a car boot sale for £12. It was really good in the beginning! Ideal for feeding her in and entertaining when she couldn't sit up. But she now escapes so it's been boxed and put away. Don't believe the 14month thing on the box! It's a lie! :lol:
It was definately worth the money in the beginning, just wouldn't pay full price for one.

Laura_James&Amber said:
I've heard a few of you mention them and seen pics of your LO's sitting in them, how good are they and where could I get one from? Thanks! :hug:

Hello! ive just returned to the forum for the first time since having my LO (time flies when you're having fun :rotfl: )

Riley got a Bebe pod for christmas, which is similar to the bumbo, but it has an attachment for a toy (sold separately) It does cost a bit more, but having tried both, Riley certainly prefers the Bebe one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back