• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bt problem... anyone had this...??

lozzi

Reaction score
basically my mums phone is suddenly engaged permantly... she isnt on it.... and also her internet has gone off (provided by sky tho)

bt are sending ppl to fix it.. but they are saying its 99 callout n 107 to fix it.. IF - the fault is proven to be something my mums done...

has anyone actually been charged?!!??

she reckons she hasnt touched it... anyone previously had this happen to them? was it yours?...or BTs fault??

We had a similar problem with our landline and it was because the connection had become loose in the box outside. We're with virgin though but they fixed it no problems and didn't even mention a charge, isn't that the whole point in the line rental?

thats what i thougth...

madness the'd expect her to pay it!!!

literally we went to asda it worked before we left, we tried ringing my sis and it was engaged, so kept trying... got back asked her who she had been on the phone to to realise, that she hadnt.... lol

grr.. damn phone eh

Hi.

One of my grandparents had the same problem. By a process of elimination (sorry not sure about spelling) it turned out to be one of the phones that had a loose wire. So your mum might want to check them first before BT come. Just unplug one phone at once and keep trying the line. If you have still got the same problem plug it back in and try another one until you have been round them all or found the fault. If no fault found then hopefully it will be an external fault.

If its engaged on ringing in then its probably an external fault on the line, unless one of your phones isnt hung up properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back