Brilliant Coocoose!

clarabella

Reaction score
:D
HI - I just had to write about this bathing apron I have had since my 12 week old was born. I have a 2 year old too and so wish I had had it with him too! It is such a simple and obvious idea - it is a big, really soft towel with a hood and you wear it like an apron - it fastens around your neck. It means I have both hands free, I can pick Tom straight out of the water and into my arms and dry him. It is just so much easier! Really recommend it! I got a great burping bib with mine too which is also great.

Hi

Just looked at the website. Are you Clare the owner of the company?

Sarah

hi - no. wish I had thought of it tho as such an easy idea! Have just had a look at website again and she is Clare - my name is Clara!

Is it not just the same as the towels they already do with the hoods but just without the apron bit?

This is how it states to use it

1. Put the Coocoose on, fastening it behind your neck and back so you've got both hands free to undress and bath your baby.

2. Once you're ready to lift your baby out of the bath, undo the poppers at the back with one hand while still supporting your baby in the water with the other.

3. Lift your baby out directly onto your chest or lap with both hands and wrap them snugly in the soft cotton towel which will have been warmed by your own body heat. The hood stops your baby losing warmth from their head.

Now I am not a mum yet, BUT my thoughts are that you could have the normal hooded towel (say the winnie the poo ones in asda for a fiver I think they are at the moment) when you are ready to take the baby out of the bath, support the baby with one hand and pick the towel up off the floor with the other hand (or from over your shoulder, round your neck whatever) and then rest it on you lap, then do number 3, lifting the baby on your lap and wrapping it in the towel?

Someone please correct me if Im wrong?

lots of people are fine with the hooded towels - but I found that as my baby was not happy about the whole bath thing - she was wriggly and wet and crying so it was really hard to do it one handed with towel in teeth/under chin so I find the bathing apron really works for me - but make sure you feel the other baby towels first as some of them are so thin and nasty...better off with a normal thicker adult towel - or this apron towel which is super thick and soft and hopefully will last me for a few more babies!! I used to be a nanny and wish I had had one then as well!

perhaps im being scrooge but i wudnt pay 24.50 for a towel to save a few splashes..

I was given one of these - it was a great present as it is quite expensive but it does look top quality and I wasn't sure at first as had used towels for ages but now I really like it and looking forward to using it for baby number 2 - due in December. Best thing is I haven't been able to find another towel which is so soft so I think it is ace for newborns - especially if you are busy with a toddler as well!

is it just me orhas anyone noticed the only ppl raving about these are ppl wiht 3 posts?

i suspect someone is tryin to promote there new product...

lozzijane said:
is it just me orhas anyone noticed the only ppl raving about these are ppl wiht 3 posts?

i suspect someone is tryin to promote there new product...

Yup I noticed this as well.

I wouldnt pay £25 for that TBH and I have seen LOADS of nice thick, soft towels for babies!

my mom sells these on her site so i will probably get one for free :D :dance:

Yep, thats what made me ask if they owned the company.....after Claras first post.....but made shes just a fan????

Sarah

eh? What made you ask if she owned the company?

Oh no - just read this. Am really not from the company or anything - just like it but I know it is not everyones cup of tea. Didn't mean to cause a problem on one of my first ever posts! Wish I hadn't mentioned the thing now!

clarabella said:
Oh no - just read this. Am really not from the company or anything - just like it but I know it is not everyones cup of tea. Didn't mean to cause a problem on one of my first ever posts! Wish I hadn't mentioned the thing now!

Don't worry! I'm sure if you were trying to advertise you would have put the link to the site in your first post. That generally helps if people are trying to get members to buy their stuff !

:lol:

clarabella said:

Dont worry about it mate - were just being cynical - maybe its our hormones :rotfl:

She only has one posting and it started this thread. Plus two girls run the company and one is called Clare.

I run a forum on another site and get loads of people logging on just to promote their products.

Thats the only reasons i asked....might be my hormones though :wink:

Sarah :fib:

ps Could well be my hormones :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare