Bright lights or rural bliss?

I've always lived in a big city but downsized the city for Oxford. We are offocailly classed as being in the city of Oxford but Oxford to me isn't a real city if you know what I mean. It isn't full of hustle and bustle and smoggy and full of beeping cars. It's pretty and old and scenic but I miss the big shops sometimes !!
We are so close to the countryside too, we can see it from the back of the house so I think we are in a pretty perfect location really where we are :)

After living my whole life in cities/big towns its amazing to be living in the countryside now :)

It was good city life, back in Kent I worked in an office in the middle of town and lived a 5 min walk away, well I lived behind a shop (in a house not the bins lol) on the high st that was 3 doors down from my local pub and loved having everything on my doorstep literally! Got a bit much though when I couldnt go home one day as the high street was cordoned off due to a stabbing in my passage. um....by that I mean the passage from the high st to my front door :lol:

Since moving to Wales though im loving the slower pace of life, and we live on the outskirts of a lovely village......15min drive from central cardiff, all the amenities we need are just down the road including a gorgeous little village school, with a stream, forests and valleys right outside our front door, and the neighbours are all lovely and we look out for eachother....a proper community that ive never experienced before :)

i live in colchester which is a town, but a 10 mins drive and ur in farm land so i am happy :d

I have always lived in towns/cities but dreamt of living in the country. OH is was brought up in the country and although we bought our first house (this one) in the city I know we will end up in the counrty sooner or later.

His parents house (which he will inherit) is in the middle of nowhere!

I grew up in a village that was really near the countryside and only a few minutes from town which was great. I now live in Leicester which is quite nice - I like the range of shops and stuff - but in the future I'd like to live in a fairly small town. I used to live in the middle of Aberystwyth which was great as everything was on my doorstep and it was still really quiet, but it takes ages to get to any big towns and the shops arent great lol.

I'm in a city. I can't imagine not being able to just run to the shop in the morning when we realise we don't have milk. I plan to stroll down to TK Maxx today then to Mothercare and if you ignore shopping time I could be there and back in half an hour (on foot). I don't think I'd like it if I didn't have a garden and there weren't so many parks around.

I like living in a small town where I can walk to the shops but wouldn't like to live in the middle of nowhere or in a big bustling city.

I live four miles from any sort of shop,right in the middle of fields-our nearest neighbour is a mile away.On one side we have fields then the lough,on the other two sides we have the Irish sea,and on the last side we have the road to civilisation :lol: wouldn't have it any other way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back