breastfeeding

trixipaws

Reaction score
come on now, didnt anyone find it easy?!

from what i'v read about it and heard about it its made out to be like the most difficult thing in the world, which it may well be- but surely something so natural some people find it easy? i'm so determined to do it but i'm so worried i'll encounter problems- i just wanna hear something encouraging that its not something to stress over.

is it really that bad?!

nothing worth while is easy and thats all im saying on the matter. :lol:

budge said:

yeah, I'd have to agree with too :D

The best thing to do to prepare is to find out when and where your local support groups are, they are well worth it.

I cant say it was a huge amount of hard work. Yes it hurt to start with and when my milk came in I wanted to cut my boobs off but i knew it was what i wanted and i stuck with it.

budge said:

Very true

Hunny all you can do is try to prepare yourself, get nipple cream, get support and most of all make sure you get plenty of help of those around you.

It isnt easy to begin with, but as you and bubba get to know one another and learn how to breastfeed together the results are just wounderfull, you will feel an amazing bond with your child, feel very powerful knowing your giving your child the best there is out there and its comming from you!

Seeing your baby smile and drink your boobie juice with pleasure is the most magical and special experience you will ever have :D

It will get hard at times but fight thru them! and you will one day start to really see and emotionaly feel the benefits of breast feeding for both you and your child, there is nothing like it :)

:hug: We are all here :hug:

what i would advise is stay in hospital and get the help and guidance you need while you can. Midwives are on hand 24 hours a day then. Stay in 5 dys and get breastfeeding established.

soory doom and gloom here :oops:

being a nurse and a "au naturel" sort of person when it comes to pregnancy and birth, i thought it was going to be a piece of cake. i thought that people that didnt breastfeed couldnt be arsed. obviously i failed miserabley and wish someone would have prepared me for the potential problems that you can encounter.

next time i intend to join the local breastfeeding group, read evreything i can, watch every video, prepare my nipples, and ask and ask and ask for help if im not 100% happy. i think in the early days support is the key, i found that people dont always offer this you have to seek it.

it is the "natural" thing for your baby but that doesnt mean easy, its hard and be ready for that.

Its not easy.. but its not really hard either..

if you really want to do it then its possible.

All i can say is id much rather work hard to establish the bf;ing for a week or so... than sterilise bottles... makes formula... heat formula at correct time etc every single day..... when i can have perfect temp milk on tap... :D

but then again i am lazy :roll: :lol:

oh and i absolutly agree with budge..

dig ur heels in at hospital!!!!! if ur not comfortable with ur bf'ing DO NOT LEAVE....

the midwifes at my hosp were fab and told me to BUZZ as many times as i needed till i was happy.

Join up to bf;ing support groups if ur having problems. And when you go home, if you have ANY problems... Ring ur MW, shes there for YOU aswel as baby... and they promote bf'ing, well they do ehre anyway...

I was expecting to find it hard but I think both me and Dylan got to grips with it quite well...because I had to hand express to help his jaundice the rest seemed straight forward.
I agree with the others the m/w and HCA's were great help .

Also my SIL found it easier with her first than her second as her first seemed to latch on better than the second.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself. I went in with the attitude that was what i wanted to do but if I couldn't there were other ways of feeding him. I think that helped me.

i think it all depends on the mum and the baby if you find it easy or hard.

i found it extremely difficult and so did emily, i was in agony and my nipples were raw and bleeding that i had to stop
i was really upset because i couldnt do it, the MW's at the hospital strongly promoted b'feeding yet they werent helpful and i felt as though i couldnt ask for help.
next time im going to join support groups and i will pester the MW's, after all its their job :lol:

good luck hun and i hope you dont find it too hard
and theres plenty of ladies on here who will help im sure

I didn't find it easy no....it hurts.

Dont like to say this..................... But
Soon as my son was born he was put on the breast and he was a natural, I have to say I didnt really get sore or had any problems with it either.
I enjoyed it for 3 months, then expressed milk (Which I found harder than breast feeding !!) because I went back to work when he was 3 months.

:oops:

I had the same experience as Charlotte - found it really hard and so did baby - he couldn't latch on properly despite me having plenty of milk. It was a nightmare, with midwives pulling me in all directions trying to get him to latch on. My nipples were raw and bleeding - it was a real shock to pull my baby off to find his mouth covered in my blood - tmi sorry, but if it does happen, don't worry, it won't harm the baby. I ended up with mastitis after 2 weeks, so expressed for 2 weeks and then went onto formula - it completely changed my relationship with my baby, everything was a dream from then on. When I was breastfeeding, I got to the stage of dreading my baby waking up for a feed - that's no way to feel about your beautiful newborn.

I'd gone to NCT classes and believed that it would all just fall into place like clockwork, it didn't. It won't stop me trying again next time though, but what I did learn is that I would probably introduce formula with breastfeeding to give me a break from the pain and stress! Previously I had been told that it should either be all breastfeeding or all formula, but I know loads of mums who have done a bit of both with great success. Good luck, it's definitely worth trying despite all the horror stories.

Hello, I have a question! A couple of you mentioned 'preparing' how do you prepare, cos I would like to try it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back