• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

breastfeeding question...

charlotteheys85

Reaction score
I've been b/f now for nearly 10weeks,
last 2weeks i've noticed my boobs feel alot less full, and only really leak when i begin feeding/son's due a feed..

i understand that your body addapts and now produces right amount of milk for him, but he is feeding very strange,

every hour and half, but now in night goes up to 7hours, which has only been last few nights, but amazing!!

is he maybe more hungry in day/growth spurt, he doesnt seem full/content after feed? i'm feeding him for aslong as he requires normally around half hour...

i'm worried i'm not making enough milk for him, sorry for tmi but i (hand express) for second which i can normally do very well (i express a lil to and colief) but i struggle to get much out, and when hes feeding hes not swallowing much..

i know when hes feeding/comfort etc

any ideas xxx

Hi hun, I don't ever leak now either so reckon it is my milk supply leveling off. It seems like Oliver is happy with the amount he is getting. You would know if he wasn't getting enough as he wouldn't settle properly afterwards and cry for more.

Nathaniel has starting sleeping for longer at night and I have found that he wants more in the day. He has also started to cluster feed in the evening which I always think means he is filling himself up ready for a long stretch at night.

It sounds like you are doing everything right and satisfying your LO. I wouldn't worry hun :hug: :hug:

It just sounds like your milk has settled down and your LO is in a routine. If your LO isn't feeding at night, then he has to get his milk during the day, so is currently feeding often :) an hour and half is good really :)

Sounds all good to me :)

As for expressing.. I didn't feed lil miss for 7 hours today... shes a big lass some 12kg and after an hour of expressing I got just 1oz... Soooo expressing does not give you any indication of your milk production :)

i'm the same, i don't leak at all, in fact i don't ever get that full feeling unless i miss a feed through being out. also if i don't express regularly, then i can't hardly get any out. i think our bodies are just fab and adjust accordingly

You've done well so far :hug:

As others have said it does sound like your milk supply has leveled off. If you are uncertain why not to have your LO weighed? If nothing else, it would give you a peace of mind. I am sure he's fine.

Enjoy your sleep before the dreaded 4 month growth spurt comes along and you'll be up again all night :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back