expressing milk question.

Lisa_85

Reaction score
I have to pop out to a garage tomorrow and as much as i hate to I'm leaving LO at home with his,Aunty.

I plan to offer him a,feed before i go but want to leave milk just incase. My questions are... how much should i express and how long after a feed? He seems to be feeding a lot lately, i think he must be having a growth spurt

Thanks x

Oh I'm getting tyres changed, shouldn't be out to long but don't want to leave him with nothing

Not sure on how much would be needed, but I would pump straight after LO has finished feeding.

How long is LO settled between feeds atm?

It was 2-3 hours but today he is being quite random, half hour or an hour or 2-3 hours. Heis being really fussy even tho I'm offering both breasts its like he wants it then decides he doesn't want it, but is still crying and making his mouthing cues.

I'm confused
X

If you're not going to be too long and you're feeding him before you go I don't think you'd need much. I'd normally offer whatever I was able to express. Have you expressed before? xx

Not for a while and when i did it was because i was too full, whereas now i constantly feel empty. Oh I'm worried ill not get anything out x

I was just thinking if you've not expressed before, or for a while, you might not express much. It took me a while to be able to express a decent amount. Try not to worry honey :hugs: Like you said you won't be out for long and he has a good feed before you go he'll be fine.

If it helps at all I always found I could express more amounts quicker if I expressed one side while my son fed from the other xx

Ill try without him and if its no good ill wait for his next feed and try then.

Thanks for the advice x

Ill try without him and if its no good ill wait for his next feed and try then.

Thanks for the advice x

Well i waited 2hours from his last feed and got nothing out, i got more drops just from squeezing.

I hope i get something from his next feed x

I couldn't get much at first, if anything was about 8 weeks before I could. I kept trying and relaxed which helped a lot. I also always feel empty I think that's normal after a while. Hope you get on ok x

I got 2oz this morning while lo fed from otherside, then he had a little feed from the expressed boob and i couldn't believe how much he hit out after me lol.

He has had both boobs and seemed settled when i left. :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back