• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding help

Rachel

Reaction score
Im breastfeeding Kieran at the moment and it was going well until last night :? He wanted to be on my breast all the time last night and when he did come of he started crying for it or trying to suck his hand. Why is he doing this?

I don't want togive up yet and i'd rather not give him a dummy but he constantly wants to be on my breast. He's happy when he's on there but when he comes off he's looking for it again straight away :? My milk hasn't come in yet either.

Help??

Hi hon,

Congratulations on your successful home birth - you're a superstar! :hug:

This is (one of) the really hard parts about the b/feeding journey. He is just trying to stimulate your milk to come in and let your body know how much it needs. There's no easy answer, it involves being patient and letting him suck 24/7 if thats what it takes. Its exhausting and frustrating (and I would imagine even more so if you have a 2 year old too to deal with) but please let him lead and you follow.

Good luck.

Valentine Xxx

You just have to let them suck until your milk comes in properly

Hes probaly trying to eat his hand because hes still hungry and hasnt got enough from the breast yet

Callum tries to suck his hand when hes waking for a feed...

Hope you can contine to breatfeed :D

as all the others have said... its tough, but completely normal. sending big hugs your way. hope you can stick with it :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks :hug: Glad to know it's normal and not something im doing wrong :)

Hang in there, do as Midna advises and take to your bed with baby, get someone to look after your other LO for a few hours. Apart from anything else it will force you to rest and its much less frustrating having them feed on and off all the time when you havent got to keep faffing about with your clothes. Good luck, enjoy your lil newborn :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back