Breastfeeding-friendly dummies?

EssJayPea

Reaction score
Just wondered if such a thing existed?

Eva is finding it hard to settle on her own and fidgets but as soon as you give her your finger to suck, she calls down and falls asleep (this is after feeding/changing etc).

I know everywhere kind of advises against dummies till you've established bfing but we're really needing to try something.

Have any of you used dummies while bfing and if so, which are best, do you think? Xxx

We have one. They are named dummies with cherry teat.

Thank you honey. I'll order one now! Any particular brand? How are you getting on being a mummy? :) x

I gave b a tommee tippee with the cherry teat, he loved it in the first few weeks, but since he was about 5 weeks he has never wanted it and we are still ebf

Perfect. Thanks. I'll be on the case today. Can you get them in shops or just online? Xx

Cassius is hit and miss with a dummy and will only take one in the car it also had to be an Avent dummy.... He's a little drama queen already!!

We have used avent from the start and never had a issue with bf

my lo is the same,she uses my breast as a dummy to settle,ive tried a dummy but she doesnt know what to do with it,she gags and ive tried tommee tippee and avent

The ones we got were in Tesco but think you can get them most places x

We found you have to keep giving the dummy at the start, they will get in eventually. my lo hated tommy tippee ones as teats are too small

Thanks everyone. So do you all still manage to successfully bf exclusively with no latching confusion/missing feeds? Xxx

yep, never had any problems and have been ebf for 6 months, i think nipple confusion is very rare hun.

Last edited:
Thanks hun. We've tried everything we can think of to settle her in her own bed but she wriggles and annoys herself then as soon as you use your finger she calms down.

I keep thinking I'll have failed somehow if she can't be settled without a dummy. Know if it was someone else in this situation, I'd be telling them they had nothing to feel guilty for...

We'll probably try one at bedtime xxx

My lil one has combi fed from under 2 weeks old so switches between breast and bottle with no problems. I have given a dummy too and we have had no issue with bf.

XX

Nipple confusion is rare, and the American FSIDS recommends dummies from birth. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I think nipple confusion is rare too.

Cherry teats worked well for is but we had to persevere for a while to get her to take one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back