• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding constantly - please help?

maybebaby

Reaction score
Austin has spent the last 3 days either asleep, feeding, or crying. When he's awake he's constantly rooting for a nipple, no matter who's holding him. He gets really worked up and will only calm down when he's on the breast. I'm absolutely exhausted and my nipples are getting really sore. Every time he cries I have been checking to make sure nothing else is wrong but the only thing that stops him is feeding! I've tried him with a dummy but he'll only take it for a couple of minutes max before spitting it out. I try to burp him after feeding but very rarely manage to get a decent burp.

I'm really struggling, and OH is feeling like a spare part because he can't stop him crying. Does anyone have any advice? I'm nearly ready to give up.

at three weeks old its normal that hes either sleeping , feeding or crying :hug:

you've just got to keep meeting his needs and feed him when he wants it and let him sleep when he wants. im afraid hes the boss right now :lol:

Don't let anything get in your way of feeding him either. ignore the housework, going out etc. Get people who want to to help. Never turn help away.

At three weeks he may also be going through a little growth spurt and he will want to feed almost all the time.Go with it chicken and i can assure you you will be rewarded in a few days.

You're giving your bubba the best you can and you're doing great. everyone who has ever breastfed knows what you're going through right now but its only for a short time i an assure you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yes, everything Budge said, plus if your nipples are getting sore use Lansinoh cream, it's pure Lanolin and really really helps. You can get it free on prescription, just ask your doctor or midwife. It is a godsend for times like this.

It gets easier, I promise, you're doing a great job :hug: :hug:

o im sorry i forgot to advise you onthe sore nipples bit. :hug:

Totaly agree with what both these ladies have said, its perfectly normal.

Your doing great!!

:hug:

Thank you for the advice. Hopefully it will get better soon! Knowing that this is normal does actually help to cope with it, and I'm determined to do the best I can for my son.

I know its hard but it will get easier I promise :hug:

Sounds like Logan!! just go with it and feed as often as your baby wants - use nipple cream and let them "air" when you can - it does get better! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back