Breastfeeders

TORino

Reaction score
Does your LO switch between breast and teat easily?

I've had it trying to cup feed Matilda the colief and Gaviscon so I'm think of expressing and using a bottle for those feeds.

We are nearly 3 weeks in now, is this long enough to establish breastfeeding?

I think we have it nailed, she latches beautifully and is gaining weight etc

She did until we didn't give her a bottle for three days at 5.5 weeks and since then she screams if we offer her a bottle. There is no way she will take it even if she's hungry!

Oz did until 4 months old, most he had was 1 bottle a day, well few oz's of expressed milk. At 4 months old he rejected bottles altogether! But feeds were so quick then it wasn't the end of the world!

alex swaps between the 2 really easily. Our HV recomended that we introduced the teat as soon as possible to make her more likely to take it so I started expressing at 2 weeks xx

We had so many problems with latch, that I had to give a bottle of EBM at a few days, and G switches no problem.

I warn you though, the gaviscon sachets are a thickner and if your giving EBM, it's a bit difficult to get out the bottle.

Also - i dunno anythin about colief, but have you asked about liquid gaviscon - 1ml from a syringe is soooo much easier!! Xxx

Sam switches easy however he does clearly have a preference and that's boob! X

We had so many problems with latch, that I had to give a bottle of EBM at a few days, and G switches no problem.

I warn you though, the gaviscon sachets are a thickner and if your giving EBM, it's a bit difficult to get out the bottle.

Also - i dunno anythin about colief, but have you asked about liquid gaviscon - 1ml from a syringe is soooo much easier!! Xxx

I just mix the Gaviscon with water and have started feeding her it with a bottle after feeds like it says in the instructions. The colief is supposed to be spooned in with breast milk but that's a ballache too and more ends up on me than in her.

Fx I haven't encountered any problems so far with supposed nipple confusion. I've even got her to take a dummy as well somehow. It saves my ears in the small hours lol.

I just mix the Gaviscon with water and have started feeding her it with a bottle after feeds like it says in the instructions. The colief is supposed to be spooned in with breast milk but that's a ballache too and more ends up on me than in her.

Fx I haven't encountered any problems so far with supposed nipple confusion. I've even got her to take a dummy as well somehow. It saves my ears in the small hours lol.

I was told nipple confusion is really rare - the american advice on sids is actually to use a dummy from birth - none of this 4 weeks nonsense. xxxx

As far as I was led to believe...a teat (bottle) or dummy shouldn't be used til 6 weeks old (or maybe its 8!?) was one of the 2 anyway. That was a cpl years ago duno if they're still saying the same thing now.

xxxxxxxxxxx

As far as I was led to believe...a teat (bottle) or dummy shouldn't be used til 6 weeks old (or maybe its 8!?) was one of the 2 anyway. That was a cpl years ago duno if they're still saying the same thing now.

xxxxxxxxxxx

i think they're saying 4 now. but thats only in the uk. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back