BreastBuddies

kelsey

Reaction score
Hi there,

Please post in this thread if you would like a breastbuddy, someone experienced in breastfeeding who you can contact (through mutual consent) via text, email, Facebook and phone to get much needed support and advice through those early weeks of breastfeeding and beyond.

This forum's informal scheme has been running successfully for a while now. Please do not hesitate to post if you would like a BreastBuddy or if you are a breastfeeder happy to buddy up with a third tri-er.

BreastBuddies

Maria1976 - kmac
abcd1234 - mommymoo
KJ - jaydesmummy
leckershell - Snooky
mum's the word - Rosebay
valentine - pickled_onion
Redshoes - dtaylor21184
purplebluered - Anna23
happy_chick - lillyblue

All those that have been matched up please pm ur buddy with your details (if you haven't done so already)

Breastfeeders still looking for third tri buddies

Tadpole
abcd1234
ASD123456
LisaJ1986
Urchin
charlie84

..please add your name to this thread if you would like to help someone breastfeed or you are due a baby and would like some help with breastfeeding.

If anyone has a problem with their designated buddy or would like their name removed from the list, please PM me.

Valentine Xxx

I would have LOVED this on my 1st and 2nd child, so I'd be more than happy to offer support. I've been through the poor latch problems, over-supply/fast let-down, engorgement, cracked nipples, severe mastitis etc and given up, then went on to feed 2nd LO without so many of those probs but I had a grumpy baby who didn't settle well after feeds, gained weight slowly and we went down the reflux/colic road (don't think he had either really).
No matter how much support is out there, it's not always available at the very moment you need it, that's what I found frustrating, when you have a screaming, ravenous baby on your lap and the breast feeding advisor says she'll see you tomorrow afternoon, it's not good enough.
Looking back, to give up at 6 weeks on my 1st was such a shame, I'd been through the worst and never got to realise the pleasant side of breastfeeding til 8 years later, I'd feel so pleased if I was able to help someone through the rough first weeks.

I think this is a great idea!!

I'm hoping to BF again and am hoping that my previous experience will help me avoid some of the problems I had last time but think it would have been great to have a buddy first time around!!

I may come back asking for a buddy but I'll wait for now.... if that's ok!

I breastfed my daughter for a year and I'd be happy to volunteer to be a buddy.

Valentine Xxx

I'd be happy to be a buddy too!

Brilliant idea! Is it a 24 hour helpline though?? lol

I dont think anyone will want me..i ask too many silly questions!

Claire x

I think its a great idea :D I'm hoping to breastfeed & think I would find a breast buddy very useful :D

nori said:
Brilliant idea! Is it a 24 hour helpline though?? lol

I dont think anyone will want me..i ask too many silly questions!

Claire x

Claire, I'd be happy to have you! Happy to help via email, PM, phone, text, MSN etc.

Not sure I'd be awake at 3am, but I would certainly do my best to help as often as I could!

Valentine Xxx

As I said in the other thread - I think this is a lovely idea! :D
(Im planning on BF)

I'll volunteer too. I'm usually up at silly times with Angel as well so may help with early hours too.

I would LOVE a buddy, i know i do not post very much on here but i come on everyday i read everything and it is the biggest help!!!

midna has asked for her name to be put down too. She has got loads of experience of exclusive bf and blw but none of formula or bottles.

Therefore she will be suited to anyone taking this approach.

She doesn't get on lots but will do her utmost to help a determined mummy.

sorry but I won't volunteer. I have good days and bad days and on my bad days I am not contactable so I would be no good to someone and it wouldn't be fair on them. But I am more then happy to give advice on the forum anytime :)

I wont be needing a buddy as i already have one in the form of Happy Chick but i just wanted to say that i think its an ace idea.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I'll be happy to add my personal email and mobile number so I can be contacted, may not be available for a few weeks when new baby arrives, but I'll help out whenever possible.

im more than happy to help too!

i bf my boys (exclusivly until 4 months), then stopped feeding at about 6-7 months.

with millie im hoping to go for the year - if not longer :)

im usually awake until 1am everynight, so i dont mind late night texts or calls etc either :)

I would... but being in Spain makes it difficult to contact me... :( If someone wants to speak to me in person they'd have to make a silly expensive international call :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back