• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breast Feeding Question

Fiona

Reaction score
At the moment Grace has no day time feeding routine....

She goes to bed at 10 pm - then sometimes wakes once during the night, sometimes not at all - if she wakes for a feed - then she will sleep in until beween 7.30 and 9 am - if she has slept all night she will be up about 6.30 am for her morning feed...

once she is awake she will feed on and off until her next sleep at about 10 am - she might feed for anything between 10 and 30 mins - possibly 3 or 4 times. She then sleeps until about 1 pm and feeds again on and off until her afternoon sleep. Again she will sleep for 3 hours or so, then feed all evening on and off, with a wee nap about 7 pm for an hour or so and then she is awake and feeding until 10 pm...

I am not complaining about this at all - I certainly don't mind feeding little and often - she is such a happy baby - just want to make sure that this is okay for her - I worry that she might be better having longer feeds... I know with bottle fed babies - they get so many oz's at regualr times - is it just that breast fed babies feed differently ??????????

Sounds like a rountine I used to know lol and thats it lol thats how bfed babies feed, mostly little and often. :D

As they get older the feeding does become less regular and there is more of a rountine but as soon as you get one, it goes out the window the next week as its either a growth spurt or your supply has gone funny. :lol: :lol:

So don't worry, she happy, content and putting on weight, thats all you need to think about.

Not how many oz's thats only something that came in because of formula.

Hope that helps :hug:

Thats exactly how Thea was hun, it sounds totally normal to me.

Tasha is right as your little one gets older the time between her feeds will increase and you wont feel like you are feeding quite so much!

you're doing great fione! all sounds ok to me :)

keep abreast of things and all will get better and better! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back