Breast Feeding - decided to stop

amzhunny

Reaction score
Hey all,

i am messaging on behalf of a mate, she has just had a baby boy and did start breast feeding, however after 2 days for one reason or another had to stop and now bottle feeding.

Her boobs are extremly sore what is the best way to calm them down? Midwife has said to express a little but surely that would make them continue?? not sure... i didnt BF at all and was just told to leave mine alone and it only took a couple of days for boobs to calm.

Any advice would be great xx

if she is in agony maybe she should express and feed the baby whatever she gerts off and slowly reduce the amount she expresses or carry on ecxpressing.. 1 bottle of expressed milk is better than none

Lisa&Alex - I agree... Whatever baby can have from the breast has got to be a good thing.

I found, when I stoped breastfeeding, that my boobs would fill with milk and then leak at night... the boob on the side that I slept on would leak more, and felt sooooooooo much more comfortable than the other one. So expressing a little bit would make your friend more comfortable, and make no differance to her supply dissapearing, as mine was gone within 3 days, even though I was leaking like a tap half the time.

I expressed mabey an oz from each breast in the morning and evening, and still gave that to my LO. Milk was gone within 3 days...

All that said, I dont have huge boobs by any strech of the imagination, I dont know if that would affect it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back