Breast feeding and routines

number2

Reaction score
Hey, Austin is almost 5 months now, and I'm still feeding and loving it, and very proud of myself tbh!

Just wondering if anyone got a routine for their breast-feeding? With alex he was on bottles by now and was just 8, 12, 4, 8, 12, 4. Austin can go 1 hour, 1/2 hour or 3 hours for no reason. Plus he probably wakes at least 3 times a night. Were cosleeping so it's more like he starts to search for me and I pull my bra down and carry on dozing.
Tried a bottle of hungry baby milk at 9pm for the last week but made no difference.

I don't know if it's cause he's so heavy maybe, he was 20lbs at the last weigh in a couple of weeks ago!

I'm going away in April for 3 nights and I'd like to get him sleeping through as my mil is having him.

Last edited:
I'm still breast feeding except for one solid meal in the evenings - it's all still completely on demand but works out to be roughly every 3 hours or so. The only 'routine' feeds are at 7am when he wakes up and at 6:30pm before going to bed at 7pm

So he goes 7 till 7?? Oh my, you lucky thing! I'll just keep playing the waiting game I guess, not the best game when I'm up 4 times a night, and then school run at 8 but he ho!

Well, not quite 7 til 7, he wakes for a 4am feed but compared to the every 2 hours he was up until a few weeks ago I really don't mind lol! Just re-read your post too, 20lb?!! Wow!

Devon is only two weeks old so this may not be much help!

I am feeding on demand so between 1 -2 hourly in the day and then we both go to bed at 130am -2am after a feed and then he wakes at after about 3 -4 hours and then before the school run again, then back to day routene. I love him feeding when he wants it tho

I'm cosleeping too and loving it

Your right to feel proud of lasting 5 months tho - well done you!

Last edited:
Freddie feeds every 3 hours give or take 15 minutes. He is starting to fuss a bit earlier than normal in the past few days though so going to be starting him on some baby rice at lunchtimes next week to see if that helps. He'll be 17 weeks then.

Thanks girls. Austin is having a petit filous in the am, something also in the evening as well, rusk or mash potato or half a jar etc.

He wakes at 3am and then he every hour just fusses really until 6am. Its not really feeding, its less than 5 minutes and he's back to sleep. I wonder if us co-sleeping actually disturbs him? If I move the duvet or something it does make him stir.

We never co slept but had Cahal in a Moses basket right next to me in bed. We moved him into his own room when he outgrew his basket at around 12 weeks and instantly slept a lot better - I think OHs snoring was disturbing him tbh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back