Breakfast cereals and gender

-Kelly-

Reaction score
I just spotted this in the news this morning and wondered for how many mums here it was true?

Apparently eating breakfast cereals around the time of conception can increase the chances of having a baby boy, as can eating a high calorie diet - http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080423/tuk-breakfast-cereal-influences-baby-s-g-45dbed5.html

It works for me, I ate cereals at least once a day before Oliver was conceived and in early pregnancy, and had a high calorie diet.

(Sorry if this is already posted, I did do a search, or if it's in the wrong place!)

I have a high calorie diet but never eat breakfast and I've got a boy and another boy on the way :)

With James I wasn't intending to get pregnant so was on the slim fast plan, less than 2000 calories :lol:

With this was I was on a diet so eating less than 2000 calories, and eating breakfast cereal, but he's still a boy.

I don't eat breakfast but certainly consume more than 2000 calories, and had a boy of course :D

I was living off about 500-600cals a day when I got pregnant....(don't ask) I'm meant to be having a girl.

I don't know sex yet I expect my calorie intake was reasonably high depending when I concieved it looks like just before xmas which was when I was still on a diet so may have been less but I have porridge for breakfast every day does that count as cereals? :think:

I don't eat cereal and consumed more than 2000 calories a day and I had a boy

No idea how many calories I consume in a day but I eat a healthy balanced diet with occassional treats at weekends.

I also eat breakfast cereals every day and bananas which is what they also think can lead to an increased chance of a boy and I had a boy and I'm sure I have another boy on the way.

I ate loads of cornflakes, frosties and rice crispies; infact I ate anything I could get my hands on, so I ate more than 2000 calories a day.........I had a boy. xxx

I never ate breakfast with either child, yet had a high calorie diet for both....and I ended up with one of each

so I think it's a load of piffle lol

I had breakie every day and ate well over 2000 calories and got a bouncing baby boy :D

Still think it's a load of rubbish though :lol:

I ate cereals and a high calorie diet, and had a boy :)

However, my best friend never did breakfast and doesn't eat much, and she had 2 boys before her daughter :)

i ALWAYS eat breakfast, and often eat cereal in the evenings too. but i had a lower calorie diet (at least until i got pregnant - so there still could be some truth in it... :think: :think: ) and i had a boy :D

I eat LOADS of cereal, brekkie is my fave meal of the day, but I wouldnt have thought I was eating a particularly high calorie diet when I concieved, and we have a girl... :lol:

who DOES this research!!!???? :rotfl:

I always have cereal for breakfast and eat around 2000 calories a day- I maintain my weight usually so don't think I really eat more than this and I had a girl

iv no idea how many calories i eat, and dont kno if i was having more or less than 2000 a day when i conceived (probably less tho considering my lifestyle back then) but i do eat cereal- i love it- and i had a girl.

i heard that thing on the radio about more calories making baby boys- i doubt thats true as posh spice keeps having boys i doubt she eats 2000 probably not even half that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back