• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Braxton Hicks

EllieG

Reaction score
I was just wondering how often you ladies were feeling them? I know this is my third baby but today especially I am feeling them very regularly, every 10 to 20 minuites or so, not like i can set my watch by them but often enough. They feel very tight low down and my back is aching, have had increased discharge but not jelly like, think i know that it's just my body preparing but have never gone into labour unassisted before!

sounds like it could be labour on its way hun.. :pray: lo makes an appearance before your daughters birthday on tuesday....

I get bh every day, they are tight and very sore, sometimes i wonder weather im in labour... they are very irregular though i get them about every 30 mins or so when they start but then i can go several hours without having one..

got one now actually lol..

keep timing them and if they get more painful then i would contact your m/w

sending labour dust your way************* :hug: :hug: :hug:

thank you! also lost my appetite and feeling overwhelmingly tired should probably go to bed, but too busy analysing my symptoms!

Hi

sounds promising i would get some restw hile you canhun keep usposted
Katrina

Sorry I can't help as I'm not sure I've ever felt BH contractions (and didn't have a labour with my first).

I hope it is LO getting ready to come out but that it's not too painful for you. :D

Had a few tightenings overnight, but had upset tummy again with cramps and loose bowel movements. Feel bloated and nauseus this morning, hoping it's not a bug, I dont want to be poorly now :(

I don't think I've experienced them yet so can't really comment.
Hope your ok though, get some rest as others have said.
Keeping my fingers crossed it's early labour signs for you xx

Hi Ellie,

I have exactly the same, i can get BHicks every 15mins for 2 hrs, and then nothing,very tight with low down pains and back ache.

Lost my appetite too, hardly can stomache anything,MW didn't say anything about it and i had this with my DS before he was born, i'm that run down now with lack of sleep and energy that i think i have a cold coming on.

Keep feeling LO trying to engage but still nothing,bump very high.

Hugs we're still racing(whos going to be a Mum first) by the sounds of it :cheer:

Let the countdown begin :D hope you get a better nights sleep tonight Debs :hug:

I had a few around 20 weeks, since then I don't remember feeling any.

Its not compulsory anyway!

Sounds like things are moving along. It is a good sign for you if they are now coming along quite strong - even though they are 'practice' contractions, they do help encourage baby into a good position and help to get your uterus in tone for the real thing. Fingers crossed you go into spontaneous labour soon!!

LBxx

Good luck sweet heart

aslo i was just wondering if any one can tell me what they feel like so i can get ready if i have them. Do they hurt? Im a bit worried actually the closer i get i get rather scared of labour and giving birth! :?

please right back

They're a tightening sensation of the belly which last for one to two minutes at a time. They basically practise contractions. Apparently they start at around 6 weeks but noone actually feels them at that early stage.

Everyone is different in terms of when the braxton hicks start...mine started at around 26 weeks but some people don't ever feel them.

They shouldn't be painful or anything...and if you start to feel them at an early stage in your pregnancy they shouldn't be very regular at all.

Still getting them fairly frequently, my belly feels bloated as well, would love to go intos pontaneous labour this time after being induced with my two girls!!

I had them around 2 months ago, then nothing, now I have had them on a few occassions, and they seem to stay for a while, a pressure and cold sensation, not painful, I quite like them, my pre-labour warm-ups :cheer: So from recently I would say I experience them about 2,3 times a week, but it's certainly an individual thing, not a right or wrong way to have them, very best wishes Ellie :hug:

i just wonderd as some poelpe have got them quiet eirly i thought as i havent felt anything yet if it was normal! but as you say every one is diffrent and there is plenty of time yet!

Thanx folks. :hug: :hug:

Totally normal :) Espacially with your first baby as your uterus has never contracted to deliver a baby before, don't worry, you might not experience them at all xx

i hads them four time last night.. about every 20 minutes i think...

i get them 2 or 3 times a day just feels really really tight over top of bump and cant press tummy cos its like concrete thay last bout 5 mins not really painful more uncomfatable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back