Braxton Hicks

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
Does anyone know how early Braxton Hicks can be felt in subsequent pregnancies? :eh:

Around 22 weeks or so I think but I have an irritable uterus :doh:

I just googled after reading the other thread and it said they can be felt from as early as 16 weeks. They actually happen from 7 week pregnant but you cant feel them until your uterus expands more. Sounds about right if its coincided with a bump growth spurt. do you want the link to read? theres nothing worrying in there!

I was about 28wks with#2 and a bit sooner with this one :)

It is definitely BH's thanks so much Tiny. I think Im a little freaked because they have been happening all day. Might be worth ringing the MW tomorrow I reckon xx

yeah, I'm ringing up with anything worrying me. Definately good to keep the stress levels down. But the website makes it seem perfectly normal so try not to lose any sleep!!!

I was about 28wks with#2 and a bit sooner with this one :)

I dont understand why they are happening so early; my bump goes very tight and very hard and then goes soft again - I never thought this would happen so early on; just hoping its nothing to worry about as I had tightenings at 34 wks last time and it was me going into early labour due to a UTI :(

Step up your water intake hun, dehydration can be the biggest cause :hug:

is that just how it feels? Stomach tightening then loosening? Ring your mw of you feel worried hun xxxx

is that just how it feels? Stomach tightening then loosening? Ring your mw of you feel worried hun xxxx

Yes its been happening all day, it didnt occur to me until I got home from work as Ive been on my feet a lot this morning but I had noticed how tight my tummy felt - at first I just thought it was because my bump had grown but now I know its not from that xx

you might have just over done it a bit hun. Take it easy. Mine are off the scale tonight....I'd be worried if I didnt know better and I think it's because I've had a busy physical day :)

Well bit of an update - I was advised to go to the maternity unit last night at 11pm; tightenings happening every few minutes and making me anxious as hell. Turned out I have a water infection that was giving me contractions of a sort, an irritated uterus. I have some anti-biotics and hope that it settles down now. Cant believe it happened again so early on, last time I was 34 weeks and spent the night at the hospital with a nice steroid injection for baby's lungs - they wouldnt have stopped the labour if it didnt stop by itself.

Thanks for all your posts ladies :)

blimey you must have been so worried!! Hopefully you're all be right as rain in a few days, I'm glad you made the call and got looked after, and hope you feel better soon! :hug:

good grief poor you!! glad you've found the cause and got treatment sorted, you better do as your told and keep well hydrated from now on!! :hug:

glad all is ok. take it easy xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back