Braxton Hicks today!

redbear

Reaction score
I was walking around town and my stomach got really hard and uncomfortable, this happened a couple of times during the day so at my midwifes appointment i brought it up. She said it sounds like Braxton Hicks... i didn't realise i would feel them so early. She said just to keep an eye on them.
Its kinda made me realise how little time i really have left 12 weeks until Due Date- thats nothing when i think how fast the 12 and 20 week scans came around! Its just dawning on me that its going to be the real thing soon...
A pointless thread really just thought i would share :) x

Ooh I've just posted something similar to this, it's getting scary now huh!? xx

Its getting very scarry... i can't actually imagine a little screaming baby with actual hands and feet... I love the baby but im not very good at talking to it etc like its a real baby... i think im just in a bit of shock because i thought i had ages left and then the midwife is saying keep an eye on them so we know they don't turn into actual contractions :S Im only 28 weeks!! xx

I wouldn't worry too much I had them quite late on but I've read that some people started having them in tri 2. It's just if you get loads of them I'd talk to your midwife about it.
And I know I feel exactly the same, I seem to have only just come to the realisation that there is actually a live fully formed little baby in there and that my life is going to completely change in about 6 weeks time!!!
I see newborn babies and I really struggle to imagine one of those being in my tummy haha! That sounds a bit strange :/
xx

I get BH a LOT these days, I sometimes get a bit worried. I've been having them constantly for ages, but they seem to be getting more frequent now.

(and I feel absolutely the same about baby, can't quite realise the fact he's real and will be a screaming, pooing baby in a while! )

Last edited:
U actually get them as soon as ur pregnant, just depends on ur body as ro whether u feel them or not :)

Only worry if u get them loads and in a pattern!

I get them all throughout the day whether im sitting down or moving

Im not worried i knew what they where but i just thought i was miles off anything like that yet... its all seeming a bit strange! Im just trying to picture me with a baby and i can't... then again i can't imagine getting drunk ive not had anything to drink for that long now lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back