BRA

Lilmoomin

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Hope your all well!

Can anyone recommend a good bra or maternity bra please for the larger lady?? I was a 40C before I became pregnant which got tight, so I got a 40D from Asda, anyway its killing me now!! The bones are digging in me and really hurting & marking me. Hubby has suggested I get a sports bra, what do you think??

Thanks Di x x x

I got myself two nursing bras as I hope to breast feed and will need them later anyways. They are a lot more forgiving in size as your breasts fill and empty with milk so they are flexible that way. I also heard that underwire can give you mastitis (duct infections) because it cuts off circulation, so the nursing bras I bought are not underwire. I have worn nothing but underwire since I was 16 (36 DD currently) so I thought I wouldn't like it. Turns out I don't mind and it's SO comfortable!

I got myself two nursing bras as I hope to breast feed and will need them later anyways. They are a lot more forgiving in size as your breasts fill and empty with milk so they are flexible that way. I also heard that underwire can give you mastitis (duct infections) because it cuts off circulation, so the nursing bras I bought are not underwire. I have worn nothing but underwire since I was 16 (36 DD currently) so I thought I wouldn't like it. Turns out I don't mind and it's SO comfortable!

im a 36DD too and scared of my boobs looking droopy without wire, where did you get yours from hun? x

Thanks ladies. Ok so i'm all new to this, I was a teenager when I had my boys, didn't breast feed or want too! However this time I really want to breast feed! Can you wear nursing bra's all the way through your pregnancy? I thought they was for after you had the baby :blush: Also where did you get yours from?
That bra looks really comfy but its a little pricey or is that around the cost of a maternity bra?? x x x

I don't find the nursing bras to be unsupportive. My other bras would lift me SO MUCH, so admittedly it's not quite the same look but I will gladly sacrifice a bit of lift for the immense comfort I am getting! As for wearing the nursing bras before nursing, there is really no reason not to. The only difference is that they are easy access from the front, LOL.

As for which ones I bought, right now I am living in America and will be moving to the UK on the 30th of this month, so I got my bras here, unfortunately! One was in an American maternity store:

http://www.motherhood.com/maternity/nursing-bras.asp

But my favourite one I got online, I think she does ship to the UK! This is my favourite bra, but they have LOADS of types and I really like supporting non-chain store businesses.

http://www.mothersboutique.com/bosisenubra.html

The ones in the first link are a great price & they have some lovely designs too! I think I will shop around first though as the second link is more pricier plus I would imagine its not cheap to ship to the UK. I will have a look at nursing bra's now I know that! Thanks x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back