bra help!

trixipaws

Reaction score
i need help buying some more bras.

i was 32B before i got pregnant; i was 32C when i was about 9 weeks gone and i'v been in my biggest bra- 34D since i was about 24 weeks (altho its a bit too small now really could do with 34DD i think).

i intend to breastfeed- how much bigger do u think my boobs will get? are nursing bras worthwhile or should i just shop for maternity bras?

i'v only got 22 days left- no point in buying 34DD if they just gonna balloon, lol. but i need a new one asap really, need to get shopping!

can anyone help?!

I have bought bras(breast feeding,drop down cups), at the size i am now, but bought back extenders too. Yes you do get bigger for a while but i found that my boobies went back to a normal size when i'd been feeding for a while.

Hiya Trix,
Get yourself measured for nursing bras once you've passed 38 weeks is my advice, I would highly recommend nursing bra's over maternity as its easier to pop them out when you need too :wink:
I have drop down cups - their the best imo.
Get yourself to M&S to be measured, they also have a good range of nursing bras - including padded ones which I love (£14 each)! As unfortunately I haven't gone up that much in size, so it makes me feel a bit more confident with my little bb's :D

Hiya Trixipaws

I agree - get measured at around 38 weeks - they know how much to allow for your milk coming in which is when you're at your biggest. I also found Mothercare to be very good if you don't have a M&S nearby

LBxx

yea i got this prob too, im already too small for bra im in now might go speak to someone in m&s on fri or speak to mw on tues

Bra extenders sound like a good idea if it's just the band you need a bit bigger.

Otherwise you really need to have a proper measurement done. I had it done in Mothercare when I was 21 weeks and got some comfy bras as a result of that. I didn't find M&S very helpful though.

Both OH and I think my boobs have actually got a bit smaller lately. I'm not holding my breath though coz I remember what it was like when the milk came in last time around! :lol:

I went to Marks at the week end and they suggested you get measured from about 36 weeks for nursing bras.
She said that although your breasts will get bigger when your milk comes in, yours ribs will go back down to their normal position so overall you would be in the right size. She also said she would do a free exchange if they got the measurement wrong.
They had packs of 2 nursing bras for £25.
I went to Mothercare to get measured when I was first pregnant, and the bra they sold me never fitted very well ( I was supposed the "grow into it" ) and doesn't feel very supportive, but I did get a nice one in debenhams which I self fitted.
thus, I would get measured up now and try on plenty to get something comfortable

Sabrina said:
Both OH and I think my boobs have actually got a bit smaller lately.

I thought that until I got measured - it is just bump getting bigger that is making mine appear smaller!!

there are ppl on ebay that sell maternity bras (brand new) and very cheap. i bought 2 pairs for £6, and it's been one of the only places i can get them in my size (g cup) m&s and all those places are rubbish for larger sizes!

godbless

lisaxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back