Boyfriend's social life

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
My OH has seemed to out drinking more since we found put about the baby. I don't mind him going and seeing his mates etc but I can help but feel put out as I end up sitting at home watching tv. I can't go out with my mates as the ones who know about the baby are away at uni and the ones that don't would expect me to go to a club or a bar.
Last weekend he was out watching the boxing and fell asleep at his mates. I had to ring him at 6.30am to get him to come home. Tonight he's out with work mates he's always saying he can't stand!

Sorry for rambling just feeling a bit put out coz im stuck staying in for the next 7months!

Aww hun...I completely sympathise :( my sons dad was the same...men dont seem to think the same as us unfortunately :( sometimes its not till the physical part is there that they realise it's all change!! Uptill then the doughnuts normally think that it's business as usual!!!

Grab yourself a nice mag, run a bubble bath and chill :)

In a few weeks you'll be able to tell the girls and you'll find they will propably adapt some of their nights out to incorporate a pregnant lady:) xxxx

ah hun, it can be difficult. i think u and your OH need to continue to go out if you can, like Jaxx said, can't your friends incorporate your pregnancy?? my friends usually go to dinner at a restaurant before a bar or club so i can go along for a few hours, can u ask them to do that? i suppose it depends how often he is out, if its more than twice a month, id be pissed off too! xx

Thanks guys! We did go out together last Friday at my insistence but I hate to day it wasn't the same when I was drinking lime and soda and he had a pint!
It feels like he's been out most weeks since we found out but he also has to sometimes stay away with work so that may make it seem worse!!

yeah most weeks is not fair because realistically u can't go out in the same way. u need to sit him down and tell him it's not on - this is both of your's baby so if u can't go out so much, neither should he! saying that my OH flew off to Ibiza yesterday for a boys holiday lol! it was booked months ago so i'll let him off!

hope he sorts it out hunny xxx

Don't worry mine's the same!! Think hes trying to make the most of it while he can as i don't think i will be putting up with it once the baby arrives. He's out tonight so im enjoying a chinese with my mum and dad haha!

I kinda understand.
My OH has been hanging around with his friends a lot more.
Fortunately he doesn't drink or do drugs so I expect him home before late, but I still feel left out sometimes.

My closest friend just walked out of my life, good rid-dens to her after what she has done but I'm finding myself lonely sometimes. OH said to me the other day, "I want to spend more time with my friends". You can imagine the look on my face when he said that :p He's alright when we're together, I've stayed at his house for a few days in a row now, but when I go to stay at my parents house, he doesn't talk to me much online any more as he's discovered the web messenger "Skype" and so talks to his friends on it til 5am in the morning! So I figured I should stay at his and have his full attention ;) He still talks to his friends on the microphone all day though but I don't mind xxx

Thanks for everything ladies. I text his sister and had a vent and were going shopping today (might even look at some baby stuff for the first time!)
He's at work today but I'm glad he's out as he woke me up 3 times before he even got home!!! I'm not a happy bunny lol!
These hormones are driving me mad hoping they'll even out soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back