• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bottles

babsi

Reaction score
IYO when do you think you should totally cut giving milk out of a bottle? Kai is coming up to 20 months and he is still having bottles? I think I should cut it out soon as he drinks water/juice fine out of a cup. I think maybe it is a bit of laziness on my side.

I really shouldn't have downloaded supernanny last night :rotfl:

I tried asking for opinions on just that and didn't get any responses. I have Ellie down to just one breast feed at night. She was getting bottles at nursery of EBM but she dropped these herself as weaning progressed (including the breast feed at the same time, she completely refused it when offered). So I have been very lucky there. I would suggest offering cows milk in a glass when you would normally give a bottle and then only give a bottle if they really seem to want it.

It is more being attached to the bottles, I have no issues with the amount of milk Kai is having.

I just feel he is staying a baby having the milk in the bottle when he is fine with the cup but this is probably my fault.

He only has 2 bottles a day, 9oz when he wakes up and 4/5 oz's before he goes to bed.

For example they need to have milk for a long time yet?

I am sure I read that they need 1pint of milk a day including what they have with cereals etc. I am a little worried that Ellie isn't drinking quite as much milk as that, but the trouble is I have no idea how much milk she has at nursery or how much she has off me before bed.

Oh do you give him the bottle as soon as he wakes up or do you give him breakfast first? I found with Ellie if I offered her the breast she would then refuse breakfast, but if I gave her breakfast and a glass of milk she would then refuse the breast. Which is now what I am doing as she is over a year I am happy for her not to have it.

I wake up and give him the milk and then an hour later he has breakfast.

Aimee doesn't have a pint of milk a day but she has about 6 or 7oz a day, in the morning as soon as she gets up. I actually switched from bottle to cup this morning (after supernanny, lol) I expected a big paddy but she was fine, I don't even think she noticed. So Aimee is 21 months and just finished with bottles!

I would give him breakfast straight away on the morning. If he is anything like Ellie he won't then want that bottle. Then it is just the night time one to deal with. My question is - is it a problem to give them a bottle for comfort as well as a drink before bed, when they are under 2?

I have no problems at all with him having the milk! He has about 13 ozs/14 oz's a day. I just don't like him having it in the bottle. This wasn't a topic on the quanity of milk more on him not having bottles as I don't want hit to be having one when he is 5 lol (supernanny :oops: )

And if he has his milk and then his breakfast an hour after, that is what he is happy with.

IYO when do you think you should totally cut giving milk out of a bottle? Kai is coming up to 20 months and he is still having bottles? I think I should cut it out soon as he drinks water/juice fine out of a cup. I think maybe it is a bit of laziness on my side.

I really shouldn't have downloaded supernanny last night :rotfl:

I tried asking for opinions on just that and didn't get any responses. I have Ellie down to just one breast feed at night. She was getting bottles at nursery of EBM but she dropped these herself as weaning progressed (including the breast feed at the same time, she completely refused it when offered). So I have been very lucky there. I would suggest offering cows milk in a glass when you would normally give a bottle and then only give a bottle if they really seem to want it.

It is more being attached to the bottles, I have no issues with the amount of milk Kai is having.

I just feel he is staying a baby having the milk in the bottle when he is fine with the cup but this is probably my fault.

He only has 2 bottles a day, 9oz when he wakes up and 4/5 oz's before he goes to bed.

For example they need to have milk for a long time yet?

I am sure I read that they need 1pint of milk a day including what they have with cereals etc. I am a little worried that Ellie isn't drinking quite as much milk as that, but the trouble is I have no idea how much milk she has at nursery or how much she has off me before bed.

Oh do you give him the bottle as soon as he wakes up or do you give him breakfast first? I found with Ellie if I offered her the breast she would then refuse breakfast, but if I gave her breakfast and a glass of milk she would then refuse the breast. Which is now what I am doing as she is over a year I am happy for her not to have it.

I wake up and give him the milk and then an hour later he has breakfast.

Aimee doesn't have a pint of milk a day but she has about 6 or 7oz a day, in the morning as soon as she gets up. I actually switched from bottle to cup this morning (after supernanny, lol) I expected a big paddy but she was fine, I don't even think she noticed. So Aimee is 21 months and just finished with bottles!

I would give him breakfast straight away on the morning. If he is anything like Ellie he won't then want that bottle. Then it is just the night time one to deal with. My question is - is it a problem to give them a bottle for comfort as well as a drink before bed, when they are under 2?

I have no problems at all with him having the milk! He has about 13 ozs/14 oz's a day. I just don't like him having it in the bottle. This wasn't a topic on the quanity of milk more on him not having bottles as I don't want hit to be having one when he is 5 lol (supernanny :oops: )

And if he has his milk and then his breakfast an hour after, that is what he is happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back