• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bottles & milk spurting out of mouth

laracomps

Reaction score
I now have a multitude of bottles as Phoebe has had such bad wind this week, she was in so much pain, her tummy was rock hard at night time.

We were using tommee tippee closer to nature bottles, but I could hear the air going down with her gulps, and she drank the milk too quickly so was taking more than she wanted, little piggy :rotfl:

We then bought some First Years Breastflow bottles. These are pretty good, she's def less windy, but as they are harder to get the milk from, she seems to stop a bit before she is REALLY full.

As I didn't have enough bottles now we have stopped using the TT ones, I went and bought 2 Dr Brown's bottles yesterday. I have to say, so far, they are probably the best for her wind.

However, we seem to have a problem with all bottles apart from the Breastflow ones. When she drinks the milk comes spurting out of the corners of her mouth, and down her chin. Sometimes there's tonnes! Not sure how much we are losing. But enough to soak the top of the muslin I use as a bib.

Is this normal? Will it get better as she gets older? It seems to me as though there is too much milk in her mouth. But we are using slow flow teats :think:

Any advice would be grateful. Thanks.

I had a similar thing with Harry, certain teats had a faster flow and he couple keep up with them, we ended up with one brand and since then no mega milk spurts - as for the wind harry was awful on the cow and gate normal formula but when I switched him to the comfort he really was better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back