blw - portion sizes?

beanster

Reaction score
Holly has taken to blw really well and has a good appetite! How do you work out how much to give your lo's to eat? She will eat loads sometimes, whole bananas, big rice cakes etc but not sure how much she should be having?

At 7 months hun I just thought they ate what they need? AJ always has anyway and still does. he's not really a good eater though, he loves he's bananas and apples and veg but if i give him fish fingers or something he will leave them, only veg fingers will he eat

I just put a small plate together of food then put a selection of that on his tray then I'll keep topping up off the plate and just let him eat until he starts messing around and is clearly finished. Somedays he has loads others hardly any, I think that's the beauty of blw that you don't have to worry how much they are getting as the baby decides how much they need

I agree and that's what I've been doing, topping up her tray till she starts playing about. Just had some comments about how she eats loads and doesn't stop!

Your damned if you do, damned if you dont with blw, either people say they aren't eating enough or they are eating too much!! When in actual fact they are getting exactly what they need!! I'd just ignore any comments and trust yourself and lo!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back