Blotches / heat rash.........

Tam

Reaction score
This bloody weather is doing my head in, I have been unwell for the past few days, I am finding it sooo hard to sleep, we have 2 fans in our bedroom, but there is no air :puke: that isn't makiing me feel great in itself!

I was awake til 6am this morning, up at 7.30, only got an hour during the day and so hot I doubt I will be sleeping again tonight, I am pleading with OH to get some form of air con unit, I am no good for love norr money at the mo................

Then to top it all, I have a lovely cold shower last night, start itching early hours of the morning and I have blotches all over my stomach and arms that itch like mad, I am putting it down to the heat?! Anyone else got or had anything like it?? It is not tiny spots, they are sweetcorn sized red blotches! :D

I haven't changed my shower cream or anything like that, or washing powder etc etc, there is no obvious reason for it, so I am putting it down to pregnancy or the heat, I really don't want to have to go to the Doctor's again if I can help it :shakehead:

Roll on the winter!!!!! :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer:

Sorry to be so miserable about the summer, but I want to move to the Antarctic these days! :oops:

Hi Tam,
I too have the blotches which are on my back,boobs and arms so I think it is probably related to both the heat and hormones.
When I was having my first baby I had really bad itching on my stomach and the hospital gave me some cream called Eurax. You can buy it at most chemists and it really helped me.
take Care
Paula

Oh brilliant, thanks for that hun!!

Hope yours clears up soon too babe, did it last time or did it stay throughout the pregnancy?! xx

Ive been awake every night itching like crazy, was the same with DD. Ive sussed now that I need Ph balanced soap like dove as I normally use a body shop shower gel no problem but lately its made me scratch till I'm red raw, even my flower :oops: Jeeeez now THAT was sore! :shock:

Hi Tam,
I didn't get it til much later on in my pregnancy and it stayed right until the day I gave birth. It was generally on my enormous bump (my little boy was 2 weeks early and 9lb 15oz).Apparently there is a condition you can get later which can cause really bad itching (can't remember what it is called but I didn't have it).
Have a sneaky suspicion i am going to be quite big again so I don't think there is much chance of having a little one this time either.
hope you get a better nights sleep tonight
Paula. :moon:

Minime said:
Ive been awake every night itching like crazy, was the same with DD. Ive sussed now that I need Ph balanced soap like dove as I normally use a body shop shower gel no problem but lately its made me scratch till I'm red raw, even my flower :oops: Jeeeez now THAT was sore! :shock:

OUCHHHHH!!!! :shock:

I use Johnson & Johnson's babywash, so I know that is OK for my skin, Johnson do that PH balance one, that is good, I use that too......but the itching is really weird isn't it?!! Hope you feel better soon babe, that sounds painful :hug: xx

paulaws said:
Hi Tam,
I didn't get it til much later on in my pregnancy and it stayed right until the day I gave birth. It was generally on my enormous bump (my little boy was 2 weeks early and 9lb 15oz).Apparently there is a condition you can get later which can cause really bad itching (can't remember what it is called but I didn't have it).
Have a sneaky suspicion i am going to be quite big again so I don't think there is much chance of having a little one this time either.
hope you get a better nights sleep tonight
Paula. :moon:

9lb 15oz!!!!!!!!!! :shock: And he was early!! :shock: *eyes water*

Well I hope this clears up for us before the end of pregnancy.....but I will see if I can get some of that cream you mentioned.

I keep my fingers crossed for a smaller one for you this time babe :wink: xx

OMG! 9lb 15!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Was his dad tall or are you tall?

Minime said:
OMG! 9lb 15!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Was his dad tall or are you tall?

I bet it makes you hope your username is true eh, minime? :wink: :lol:

DD was 8lb and 2 weeks early. OH is 6ft and much bigger than DD's dad. *Runs screaming*

PS. Username is nickname I use with DD as she is a dead ringer for me especially from behind as we're exactly the same size, She dyed her hair a different colour as she got that naffed off with her mates saying OMG you look like your mum! :rotfl:

:lol:

Awwww bless her!!

Hoping for a miniminime (well miniminiYOU) for you! :wink:

Hi everyone,
Keirans dad is quite tall and was quite a big baby himself-we were told that the size of the parents when born can sometimes give an indication of their baby-if that makes sense. I was only 5lb born although I would now be classed as a "larger lady"!!!!! Paul was 9lb 3oz so i guess keiran takes after him. I would quite like another big baby as they don't scare me as much as little ones.
Hope you are all having a relaxing Friday night,
Paula. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back