Blood in Stool *UPDATE*

millylillyrose

Reaction score
the last few days LO's poop has smelt SO bad of fish (she is exclusivly BF'd and doesnt usually have a strong odour.

Well yesterday there was a tonne of jelly stuff in her nappy when i changed her, and then this evening, i found a small amount of blood. its coming from her bottom as when i wiped her it was on the wipe too.

We called the pediatrition and he said not to worry and bring some of the diapers in tomorrow....my question is, has anyone had this happen....what was it?

*UPDATE*

went to the pediatritions and took in a couple of her nappys, plus she pooped up a storm while we were there,
They all tested positive for blood :( and they think it may be a serious allergy to something im eating, most likely dairy, soy, egg, or nuts. so im having to cut it ALL out for 2 weeks and add back one by one to pin point what it is.

On the up-side they say its not urgent as she is liturally off the scale on her weight %centile!!! so aparently we have time to figure it out.

and just as i want to complain, we're ALL sick in my house, except it doesnt matter that im sick, as we're having to rally around my poor girl with a fever and cold, its so sad, im trying so hard to make her feel comfortable, but i feel so helpless. we slept a grand total of about 3.5hrs last night.

I'd be taking LO to the doctors today and if they couldn't get me in i'd go to the hospital as fishy smells and blood with jelly doesn't sound right to me :?

Hope LO is ok :hug:

Definately get it looked into hun. I had blood in my stools as a baby and was later diagnosed with crohns(15 years later). Not sure if it was connected but anything like that should be thoroughly looked at.

I'm sure your LO is ok though so try not to worry,

Claire x

My LO had blood coming out of her when she was constipated, but this was after she started solids. She was also clearly hurting when opening her bowels, so I think it's different.

Good luck :hug:

ah, i imagine if she was constipated that would be so sad for her. India has no problem pooping, if anything its excessivly runny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back